The inspiration behind this group.

Options
wbgolden
wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
I just wanted to share why we are here.

Dean Karnazes has pushed his body beyond the limits of what most people could possibly imagine (most of us). He's published several books that continue to motivate me daily. One quote has always stuck with me (and I think Reese will agree) is:

“Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.”

It stems from when Dean was running his first Leadville Ultra (I might be wrong on the specific race, but pretty sure it was Leadville). He was struggling. Ready to give up. His father was waiting just a few miles away from the finish line (100 miles) and told him:

"If you can't run, then walk. And if you can't walk, then crawl. Do what you have to do. Just keep moving forward and never, ever give up.”

He did not give up.

I may never run 100 miles in 24 hours, but I will never give up. Ever. I can promise that.

Replies

• AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options

That's very inspirational, thank you for posting this :O)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Dean Karnazes has pushed his body beyond the limits of what most people could possibly imagine (most of us). He's published several books that continue to motivate me daily. One quote has always stuck with me (and I think Reese will agree) is:

It stems from when Dean was running his first Leadville Ultra (I might be wrong on the specific race, but pretty sure it was Leadville). He was struggling. Ready to give up. His father was waiting just a few miles away from the finish line (100 miles) and told him:

"If you can't run, then walk. And if you can't walk, then crawl. Do what you have to do. Just keep moving forward and never, ever give up.”

He did not give up.

I may never run 100 miles in 24 hours, but I will never give up. Ever. I can promise that.

I completely agree! All it takes is to put one foot in front of the other and we are on our way! It doesn't matter the goal 1, 5, or 15 miles as long as you are working towards that goal is all that counts.

Take pride in your efforts big and small!
  • maikkynka
    Options
    I just want to give a BIG thank you for creating this group and the help I get from you all :flowerforyou: thank you :bigsmile:
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

He did not give up.

This is great and I need a dose of it right now-thanks!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

He did not give up.

This is great and I need a dose of it right now-thanks!!
    Me too. Thank you for the reminder :)