Welcome! Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm a 23 year old South African who is soo glad to be able to talk to people about anime without them pulling a funny face and saying "huh"?

I first really got into anime with Spirited Away (i realize now that i loved it before but without actually knowing what it was), moved on to Ghost in the Shell and then bought my very first anime, Ninja Scroll (the movie). I had a bit of guidance from a guy from Ireland who after showing me Ghost in the Shell went back and every few years since gives me a couple of random anime to try.

I have since collected quite a diverse range, mostly anime but manga too, and i am really looking for other anime fans to chat with.

I haven't really disliked any anime I've seen so far, but the one's i've really loved have been Ergo Proxy, Tenjo Tenge, Hellsing and Bleach, Kouga Ninja Scrolls Basilisk.....the list goes on!

i came across this group by seeing it mentioned in one of the forum topics and couldn't believe there was an anime group. What a great idea!
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YAY maybe i can find some other anime than whats been on adult swim now :) lol

anyways 28 years old from Michigan

got into anime about 10 or 12 years ago watching inuasa (god im bad with spelling) on adult swim and really just have watched the adult swim stuff back when it was all good stuff. i just got back into it and have watched alot of the stuff i liked before like FMA, cowboy beebop, trigun, death note, and witch hunter robin
  • jinnykisaragi
    Options
    Hello! I've been an avid anime fan 15 years now (I'm 28)!! ^_^ I go to many conventions and cosplay.... but I've gained quite a bit due to surgery and medicine... so dieting it is!! :3 I am planning Anime Mid-Atlantic, Otakon, and Nekocon this year! ^o^

My current anime obsession is "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" and my current favorite video game is "BlazBlue".
  • PinkberryCream
    Options
    Hii everyone. I figured I'd introduce myself, haha.

I'm Caroline, i'm 23 & I've loved anime & such since I was little. My first 2 animes I can remember were Sailor Moon & Cardcaptors back when they were on air. Since then, i've always watched it, be it english dubs or subs. My favorite shows currently are One Piece, Soul Eater, Kimi ni Todoke, Zero No Tsukaima, Mirai Nikki, & Nichijou...just to name a few. I just got into cosplaying back in '10 & thing its amazing to do! My first cosplay was Sailor Mars which I want to do again some year, but with a better cosplay outfit since the old one is WAYYY too big now.
    I have a 2yr old with watches the shows with me. She actually really loves OP & Sailor Moon.
    Also, the main conventions I go to are Anime Boston, PAX East, Another Anime Con, & CTCon...next year, I plan to go to Otakon for the 3 days. :)

Don't be scared to friend me!! :)
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Chris and I started casually getting into anime around 2001... but I became a more dedicated fan starting around 2005. I'm originally from Oregon, and should be heading back there in the next couple months, but I've spent the past few years in Boston. Pokemon not withstanding, some of my earliest titles were Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, Trigun, and Princess Mononoke.

Currently focusing on Steins;Gate and Fate/Zero (both are proving quite enjoyable), but I watch plenty of the "older" titles as well. I haven't seen much from before the mid-90s, though, to be honest.

My tastes tend toward seinen... Cowboy Bebop, GitS: SAC, Serial Experiments Lain, Boogiepop Phantom, Monster, Ergo Proxy, Baccano!, Kaiji, and Mushi-shi come to mind as favorites. I'd personally consider FMA a borderline seinen too (another definite favorite). From the less seinen side, I am in love with One Piece. Stuff like Cromartie, Hetalia, and Azumanga Daioh also greatly appeal to me.
    On the utterly unmanly side, I have also discovered a strange preference for reverse harem (i.e. Ouran) and occasionally something like Chi's Sweet Home. >_>

As for cosplay, I've only ever done Shunsui from Bleach... and even though Bleach has kind of lost its original glory, I will totally do it again when I have the excuse. :p

My other loves are PC gaming, reading (particularly nonfiction, admittedly much of which some would consider fictitious :p), and learning to cook.

Feel free to friend me as well if you wish!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi all my name is primmy and wow I suck at this lol. Well I havee enjoyed anime for awile and been trying to get more into it.
  • frezinglily
    frezinglily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Brittany. I live in central Missouri. While it is not my main goal. I would like to get to my goal weight by next summer because Jefferson City will be hosting its first ever con. It is called Cosplacon. This will be my first con and I'm not exactly sure what im going to do as a cosplay.

As for the anime and mangas I like.... Well I have seen InuYasha, Bleach, Soul Eater, Pokemon, Last Air Bender, Legend of Korra, some of One Piece, High School of the Dead, Spice and Wolf, and many more. I haven't read as many mangas but I plan to. I have liked anime since i was a kid but didnt really take notice to it being anything more then more awesome then normal cartoons until i was a young teen. I watched anime from time to time but didnt really get into the world of anime until I started dating my, now ex-,boyfriend of 2 and a half years. Thank you for trying to read what must have been difficult to do.

-Brittany
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi all. New to this group and my name is Abby. Been watching anime since probably 1991. I never did cosplay because i was always a bit chubby, but i made up for it by actually getting to go to Japan on several occasions and taking part there ;] my first trip there i stayed for almost 3 months. I havent seen a lot of the newer animes, i stick to a lot of things like Berserk, DBZ, Hellsing etc. If anyone wants to add me feel free, i need positive support and motivators, and just some good friends ^_^

9162832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fluffycat58
    fluffycat58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello~ My name is Haley but if you want you can all me Miyu ♥ I am 18 years old~
    I have been watching anime for most of my life. I am a hardcore anime fan and I have about 3 (almost 4) cosplays.
    Even though I am a bit chubby, I love going to conventions... Although I only been to a convention two times. Where I live there are not many and I have no transportation to ones far away.. But here in Ontario, Canada I go to Anime North ♥

I would write my favourite anime down but that is pretty hard because I am a fan of sooo many, and I like basically every genre there is xD ♥

I don't really ready manga as much, if I don't have the manga physically then I don't read, I am not fond to reading online. So I usually buy my Manga, which is not often. Only have about 40+ books..... Dx
    I dedicate my life to anime, without anime.... I don't know what I would be doing with my life right now.
    As a future career... since I have nothing in mind... I settled for Entrepreneur... so I hope to open up an Otaku store in Canada (or the States, depending on if I marry my girlfriend in the future ;//u//; ♥)

Gosh I feel like I'm ranting a lot of of my love for anime xD
    But Okay! I guess I will name from titles that I like at the top of my head, lets see...
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Shugo Chara! Kuroko no Basket, Uta no Prince-sama..... Oh all the lovely bishies ♥♥♥♥

I am a bit fan of Vocaloid and my fave is Kagamine Len *o* ♥ He is so adorable ^^

I am also a K-Pop fan if anyone wants to know -v-
    I like SHINee, B2ST, Super Junior... and so many others... HURRAY BOYS! ♥
    (Funny thing is I am only attracted to boys... but with relationship... I prefer girls LOL... weird ==?)

ANYWAY!~ That is me.... Add me as a friend if you'd like ♥

Thanks for reading xD

- Miyu ♥
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yay anime group! I was looking for an asian drama group but this is second best for me! I'm Kourtne, nice to meet ya! I love dramas and animes it gets me away from reality. Its my secret passion, my husband has no idea of my obsession =X. But one of my goals, when I lose weight, is to reveal it to him by dressing up as my favorite anime character lol. Anyway, feel free to add me!
  • ShiroDeadman
    Options
    Yes! An anime group! I'm Shawn, but my nickname's Shiro. I'm from Australia and I'm into anime and jpop, especially Vocaloid (And a bit of K-pop). I'm basically getting fit so I can look good in cosplay. I've been into anime and video games for a few years now. My favourite anime's are probably Deadman Wonderland and Kuro****suji, but I'm into a ton of other things. I don't have a least favourite anime, but I guess anything that's ridiculously distasteful... I've cosplayed Hatsune Miku, and I'm looking forward to making more costumes! I'm currently making the uniform from InuxBoku SS. Go ahead and add me if you want :)
  • Ellisie
    Ellisie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm so glad I found an anime group here, the lack of one on FitBit's website was starting to depress me...anyway nice to meet you guys :3 The name's Lani, I'm 22 and I've been into anime pretty much since childhood, although I didn't know the difference between anime and American cartoons until I became a teen. I also LOVE video games, especially RPGS. I've been going to anime conventions since 2003, and have been cosplaying since 2005, with my first cosplay being Yukino Miyazawa from Kare Kano. I'm not even bothering with listing my favorite anime/games cause there's too many, and it'd take me all night. >P

Like I said before, I'm a member of FitBit's website, and I've been using that since January. The FitBit's a pretty cool device that helps me stay on track and all, so if any of you guys have a FitBit account, let me know~

Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend, it'd be nice to have extra support and motivation
  • laopo87
    laopo87 Posts: 9
    Options
    Im Angel <3
    My first anime was samuri pizza cats =^_^=. Dont really have a fav. But I have some like clanned, nana, death note, azumanga daioh. and stuff like that. I'm not really into the sci-fi ones. :P I really got into it when my family and I lived in Japan back when I was in Middle school. I got to see it alot more and eventually started drawing. I do alot of cosplay as well. I love it <3. I live in China now. And it's just as big here too. Never really had a jappanese name. My friends in Jappan sometimes called me by Tenshi chan which means Angel. lol I also went by Chunsa which is my name in Korean. lol but for now it's just Angel. (bows) nice to meet you all. <3
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey. Thought I'd pop in and stop lurking. c:

I'm actually not that huge a fan of anime, more into reading series, whether it's manga or novels (takes less time, haha). But I tend to get along best with anime/manga fans and the like, so figured I'd stop in and say hi finally. =u=;

(And specifically, if anyone else around is into J-rock and/or BL/yaoi, hit me up. :3 I'm older than most, so I'm definitely not stuck in the tard-fan phase, I assure you.)
  • laopo87
    Options
    Wow how do you keep that a secret? I geek out around my husband all the time. He is probably the only asain who hates anime and vid games. lol But he has his things and I have mine. I have a whole room for myself that a decorate with anime and is used for my cosplay. XD I jut can't imagine keeping all that a secret. lol
  • laopo87
    Options
    lol Yah im out that phase too. But I still geek out at home. At 25 it looks odd when you walk around in bunny hats and call everyone (chan) and (kun). lol Nice to meet you <3
  • laopo87
    Options
    Oh that sounds like fun. I want to join your cosplay groub :D
  • laopo87
    Options
    Hi I'm Emily! I'm 26 years old and still gaming and watching anime ^_^ I'm here because I really need to get in shape for my cosplays and could use some motivation and support!

By the way, for anyone interested I also made a Cosplayers group, I'd love it if any of you who cosplay would join and we can discuss the ups and downs of cosplay + fitness!

Oh sounds like fun!! I want to join your cosplay group :D
  • laopo87
    Options
    yay anime group! I was looking for an asian drama group but this is second best for me! I'm Kourtne, nice to meet ya! I love dramas and animes it gets me away from reality. Its my secret passion, my husband has no idea of my obsession =X. But one of my goals, when I lose weight, is to reveal it to him by dressing up as my favorite anime character lol. Anyway, feel free to add me!
    Wow how do you keep that a secret? I geek out around my husband all the time. He is probably the only asain who hates anime and vid games. lol But he has his things and I have mine. I have a whole room for myself that a decorate with anime and is used for my cosplay. XD I jut can't imagine keeping all that a secret. lol
  • laopo87
    Options
    Hey. Thought I'd pop in and stop lurking. c:

I'm actually not that huge a fan of anime, more into reading series, whether it's manga or novels (takes less time, haha). But I tend to get along best with anime/manga fans and the like, so figured I'd stop in and say hi finally. =u=;

(And specifically, if anyone else around is into J-rock and/or BL/yaoi, hit me up. :3 I'm older than most, so I'm definitely not stuck in the tard-fan phase, I assure you.)
    lol Yah im out that phase too. But I still geek out at home. At 25 it looks odd when you walk around in bunny hats and call everyone (chan) and (kun). lol Nice to meet you <3