Check in!

Options
2»

Replies

• love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to use a "medium support" elastic type knee sleeve when I work out. I bought it at WalMart. It's an elastic sleeve with a hole for the kneecap and flexible stays on each side of the knee. It seems to help. This is a link to the type I purchased: http://www.walmart.com/ip/ELAS-KNEE-STABILIZER/10533464?findingMethod=rr I wear it for strength training and cardio workouts in the house. I don't use it when I walk.

My knee is stiff and swollen pretty often, but I can still, carefully, do pretty much everything I want to do. I'm sure the more weight I drop, the happier my knee will be.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My knee is stiff and swollen pretty often, but I can still, carefully, do pretty much everything I want to do. I'm sure the more weight I drop, the happier my knee will be.

I have stiffness after sitting or sleeping. Swelling after workouts sometimes. My Dr has said the same thing about the weight. Thanks, I will check out your suggestion.
  • novamegs
    Options
    Sorry, I completely forgot to do this when I joined a couple weeks ago. I injured my knee doing one legged squats in an exercise class, and now it clicks every time I bend it and gets swollen whenever I work out. The doc said that I have a patella tracking issue, and that I probably tore something in my knee (but X-rays showed nothing and they can't tell me what I tore). So, for now I'm wearing a knee support when working out, icing my knee immediately afterward, and hoping that it gets better. It's nice to meet some other knee-challenged people :)