When do you work out?

Options
Crystal817
Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
As a night shifter, when do you work out?

I mostly work out on my days off. I try and go when the gym is the least busy! On the weekends, I'll go anytime from 3pm-12am. On weekdays, I'll go before 3pm or after 7pm.

If I work out on a work night, I go on break at 4am.

Replies

• dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I try to get a walk in after the 2nd cut off. About 4:00 AM , which is when the tiredness comes into play. Or when I watch a video when I get home.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    in the evenings about 6 or 7 pm then shower, eat dinner, then off to work :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work weekends and it's well dead, not busy at all and very few people on weekends so I have the luxury of getting away from my desk @ work and go outside for 30-45 mins to jog/walk/whatever. usually go around 2am. I work in a naval base so I don't have to worry about prowlers or anything dangerous. there's actually a track real close to where I work from that I usually knock out 3 miles. it's well lit too so the darkness isn't a issue. During the week I hit the YMCA right after I get off work @ 8am for Zumba class, swimming, basketball, and weights.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Since I work 2 jobs, my schedule is really tight. I also take public transportation which really sucks in my area. I work 8:30pm-8:30am Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I also work 12pm-9:30pm Saturday and 9am-5pm Sunday. I have an hour and a half commute each way to my full time job and a three hour commute each way to my part time job (each is a 30 minute commute by car).

Monday, my only real day off, I run.
    Tuesday, I run before going to work.
    Wednesday and Thursday I have no time to exercise. I barely have enough time to sleep between my shifts.
    Friday morning I run when I get off work.
    Saturday and Sunday I usually end up walking a minimum of 2.5 hours due to lovely public transportaion. Also sometimes Sunday and Mondays I'll do an additional workout dvd.

I tend to burn ~3500 calories a week doing this.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    in the evenings about 6 or 7 pm then shower, eat dinner, then off to work :)

This, except on my days off. Then I go in the morning when I get up. I like to go first thing, whether its evening rising or morning.
  • chipmunk70
    chipmunk70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I get up in the afternoon (about 3pm) I normally take my dog out for a nice long walk. I'm also doing a part-time job, delivering catalogues to people's doors and then collecting them in a day or two later with their orders, so doing quite a bit of walking doing that.

When at work on a night shift, if we are fully staffed we get a 40 minute break, we have a fitness suite which the children use during the day, but we are allowed to use it at night, so I normally go over there and do a workout on the treadmill, cross trainer, bike or rowing machine.

On my days off, again it's walking the dog, doing the part time job, and then doing something in the evening, normally something on the wii fit, or one of the other games. Don't have access to a gym when not at work, as can't afford the membership at present.
  • kphillips83
    kphillips83 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wake up around 2 pm so I tend to do my workout around then. Sometimes I get some exercise in the morning too though before bed if I can't sleep (walk the dog / dog run me).
  • dreamshadows
    Options
    Going to try to take a walk on the treadmill 4 day a week for the month of December, and see how it goes. I think I'll be doing this when I get home from work around 8:00 AM
  • kphillips83
    kphillips83 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Going to try to take a walk on the treadmill 4 day a week for the month of December, and see how it goes. I think I'll be doing this when I get home from work around 8:00 AM

Keep us posted and good luck!
  • dreamshadows
    Options

Keep us posted and good luck!

Will Do!
  • redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a RN in an ER Dep't. I most never make it to the gym before work, so I go after I leave work. Since I figure I am not getting as intense of a workout, I have set the goal to go 4 days a week to the gym instead of 2-3. Also I am trying my absolute best not to eat after 5 or 6am esp'. if I am not planning on going to the gym that morning.