Welcome!!

Options
drbaska
drbaska Posts: 157 Member
Welcome Friends! Are you ready to get in the best shape of your life? I've done Turbo Jam, TurboFire and Chalean Extreme before and I can telll you that the body I have today is a result of those amazing workouts and the nutrition plan that I follow.

Please post to the group where you are at in your Turbo journey - if you are just getting started, part way thru, done it before and ready to hit again!

If you can't decide which program to start with, we'll help you with that too!

The important thing is that fo the next 45 days, we will commit to doing the program - following the workout calendar - which means a 5-6 day/week workout schedule.

In addition, we will log our food in MFP and stay in touch with each other for support.

Together, I'm convinced we will come out of this holiday season better, fitter, leaner, happier and healthier!

Replies

• CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't have TuboFire yet. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Santa is going to deliver it) However, I have TurboJam & ChaLEAN Extreme, both of which I L-O-V-E.... so what program should I follow with the TurboJam?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling we are going to be seriously HOT by 2012 if we keep up with TF/TJ. These programs are intense yet FUN!!
    I cannot wait to see my results at the end of the 140 days (20 weeks). Should be jaw dropping :)

Let's do this :)

Edit: Today marks my first week of TF completed. I opted to take Sundays as my REST day as opposed to Wednesdays, so I workout Monday through Saturday with Sundays off. Today is Core 20 & Stretch 40 & I'm stoked to finish off today's workout & then relax tomorrow before diving into week 2 of 20 :)
  • drbaska
    Options
    I don't have TuboFire yet. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Santa is going to deliver it) However, I have TurboJam & ChaLEAN Extreme, both of which I L-O-V-E.... so what program should I follow with the TurboJam?

Have you done ChaLean Extreme all the way through? If not, I would suggest you do that one - and then on top of that, add in the 20 min TurboJam workout a couple of times per week. That's what I did - only I did a couple of short TurboFire routines before I did the CHX workout of the day. I really love, love, love the Burn Intervals workout!

If you want TF for Christmas, but sure to direct Santa to get it from coach "debsfitgroove" (that would be me :smile: ).
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    MissAnjy and I are on an almost identical schedule, except I will be taking Saturdays off. So tomorrow will mark the end of Week 1 for me.

My weigh in is on Monday and I can't wait to see if I lost anything this week!

I currently weigh 185 and my goal weight is 150. I have already lost 64 lbs. with Weight Watchers and working out over the past 2 years.

For personal info, I'm 42, married, RN, two kids, live in CT. Looking forward to traveling this journey with all of you! Thanks for starting this group.
    Jess
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just joined your group! I am a total Chalene lover and I have all of her workouts. I started out with TJ about 5 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I also have Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I completed a round of CX over the summer and if you look at my profile pictures you can see the progress I made from week 7 to week 12. I didn't take day 1 pictures and I really wish that I would have. I lost a total of 24 inches and 25 pounds in 12 weeks of CX. I have never done a straight round of TF so that is why I decided to join this group. I started it and love, love, LOVE it but it was killing my knees. I can't do all of the jumping but I do as much as I can and still get a killer burn according to my HRM.

A little about me. I am 35 yrs old, work full time and have 4 children and am living with the love of my life. So for me life is very busy but fantastic at the same time. I get up and exercise first thing in the morning usually around 5am but if I don't do it then it will not get done. I have lost a total of 35ish pounds so far (fluctuate 3 or 4 pounds all the time) and I would like to lose about 15 to 18 more. My goal weight is 135 and right now I am 152. I would like to wish everyone all the luck in the world! We are gonna have rockin bods come Christmas morning!

Thanks for letting me join in!

Tracy
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've been thinking about either of these programs for a while and I'm gonna do it. When does it officially start? And only 9 weeks, not the 20 of TurboFire?

I haven't started but am almost through the end of 30 Day Shred so have a scheduled time I work out at home already. I have both programs from a friend so could start anytime, just been apprehensive about how intense it'll be.
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm doing Turbo fire, currently on week 3 and am loving it. Its so addictive.

At the moment I'm kinda struggling keeping the eating healthy, have been trying to follow the plan which comes with turbo fire but i still live at home with the parents and all the unhealthy stuff they keep buying is my downfall :grumble:

Looking forward to doing this with all of you! :smile:
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    Tageekly, congrats on doing the 30 Day Shred. I think you will find it has set you up well for Turbo Fire.

I am doing the 12 week plan. Just starting week 2 tomorrow.

Who knows, if I like it enough maybe I'll get the advanced DVDs...we shall see!
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've got Turbofire,itching to start it but not v.well atm so holding out until I feel better.I haven't done any of Chaleans workouts before so im a complete newbie!

was looking for support and it looks like ive found it! :-)

Ronké
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Tageekly, congrats on doing the 30 Day Shred. I think you will find it has set you up well for Turbo Fire.

I am doing the 12 week plan. Just starting week 2 tomorrow.

Who knows, if I like it enough maybe I'll get the advanced DVDs...we shall see!

I hope so. I'm going to finish out the Shred - only 3 more days - and then start TurboFire. I guess we'll just check in with wherever we're at. I think I'm gonna start with the 9 week prep schedule to get through this year and the holidays.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    heading into WEEK 2 tomorrow & can't wait to get started. Turbofire has really increased my appetite, that's for sure! Hard to stick to the 1420 on REST day that's for sure!! hahaha Can't wait to start back up tomorrow so I can eat more, hahahahaha :D Oh, and obviously because I love TF.
  • tracylee679
    Options
    Well I think that I am going to start tomorrow instead of waiting for the day after Thanksgiving. I have really been itching to get moving. I hurt my knee last week and had to take quite a few days off (more than I wanted to) so I will be taking it on the low impact side to start things out. Don't want to reinjure myself. Boy is sure does suck getting old...lol!

MissAnjy - I, like you will be taking Sunday's off. I really like having a day on the weekend that I can just veg-out and do what I need to do and not have to worry about getting a workout in too. I have never done a round of just TF so I am curious to see how this goes. I did 2 rounds of a CX/TF hybrid and had great results. I started to do a round of TF last Spring and was working out on a concrete floor in my basement and had to quit because I jacked up my knees so bad from the impact I could barely walk up and down steps. A puzzle mat from Wal-mart fixed that problem.:bigsmile: Good luck with week 2!

tageekly - If you like 30DS you will love Turbo Fire! I tried to do 30DS but after doing TF I can't get into it. I know that it is a great program (I have seen all the before and afters) but Chalene really gets me going. She is such a great motivator! Jillian is great too but just wait until you experience Chalene's energy.

ronke911 - Welcome! I would definately wait until you are back to full strength before you start this workout! They are so much fun but they will wipe you out! Make sure you click on the "new to class" option on the DVD's so that the moves will be broken down for you ahead of time. It moves pretty fast. You are going to love this!

Eponine7 - I have the advanced DVD's and they are so much fun! I am so glad I got them when got my package.

lu123 - I hear you on the eating end of this. I will workout all day long but then undo all my hard work by eating crap! The junk in my house is my fault because I am the one that buys it. I like to believe that it is mostly for my kids lunches but deep down some of it is for me:blushing: . It is just really time to buckle down and get this weight moving in the right direction. Especially this time of year when I know that I am going to be having more cheat days due to the upcoming holidays. I have lost about 30 pounds so far and have about 15 to 20 more until I reach my goal.

Good luck, Ladies!

Tracy
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!!! I started the TF Prep schedule today. I Look forward to completing this 9 week schedule and then moving onto the regular schedule. Happy Monday!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am starting my first week of Turbo Fire today. I am also going to use Sundays as my rest day, so I am going to workout Monday-Saturday, and then use Sunday to rest....this is going to be awesome to see the results I get from this, I am pumped! :bigsmile:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!!! I started the TF Prep schedule today. I Look forward to completing this 9 week schedule and then moving onto the regular schedule. Happy Monday!

Oh really ? Me too! I am going to do the 9 week prep schedule and then more onto the regular schedule as well!Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • drbaska
    Options
    So glad to see everyone here! We have some veteran Turbo ladies and some newbies. I think you will find this to be a fun way to really get your sweat on. I did P90X and Insanity before this one, and I have to admit, I had a bit of an attitude - didn't think this cute little blonde could possibly be as tough as those two trainers. However, Chalene's workouts are amazing - and I always look forward to them - whereas, right now, I'm finishing up Insanity (2nd round) and I have to admit, I kind of dread heading down into my basement! :frown:

Anyway, I made a video blog about TF if you want to take a look at it: www.youtube.com/drbaska1

If you want the advanced DVDs you can order them from the Team Beachbody website. If you don't already have a TBB account, when you set one up, I would love it if you ask for me, debsfitgroove, as your coach.

I'm doing Fire 30 tomorrow with a group of ladies in my neighborhood, so let's definitely start when our schedules allow. I like having my rest day on Fridays! But let's commit to do at least doing all the workouts every week.

In addition, I found that drinking Shakeology as a part of my nutrition plan really leaned me up - helped rid me of my belly fat - that was still there despite the strong core I developed with Insanity! So one a day of those is also a part of my plan!

Let's all add each other as friends too! Let's kick it!
  • tracylee679
    Options
    Well yesterday way Fire 30 / Stretch 10 and today was HIIT 15 / Stretch 10. I am so so so in love with these workouts that I can't believe it is actually good for me. I have been going lower impact but I am still burning a ton of calories! Hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well.

I really need to get my weight loss going again. I have gained about 6 pounds recently :cry: and I am not going to let all my hard work slip away! Don't forget to PUSH PLAY!!!

Tracy
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to PUSH PLAY right now! The prep schedule calls for Stretch 40 but I'm feeling like getting a good workout so I'm gonna do one of the EZ's. Have a great day everybody!!!
  • drbaska
    Options
    I'm getting ready to PUSH PLAY right now! The prep schedule calls for Stretch 40 but I'm feeling like getting a good workout so I'm gonna do one of the EZ's. Have a great day everybody!!!

Good for you Tiffany! I just did Fire 30 with a group of ladies from my neighborhood! Caring and sharing the turbo love!
  • drbaska
    Options
    Well yesterday way Fire 30 / Stretch 10 and today was HIIT 15 / Stretch 10. I am so so so in love with these workouts that I can't believe it is actually good for me. I have been going lower impact but I am still burning a ton of calories! Hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well.

I really need to get my weight loss going again. I have gained about 6 pounds recently :cry: and I am not going to let all my hard work slip away! Don't forget to PUSH PLAY!!!

Tracy
    @TracyLee679 Good for you on the workouts! Are you still trackikng your foods on MFP? I also start my day out every day with Shakeology - It fills me, gives my the protein and nutrients, vitamins and digestive enzymes I need, and is low in fat and calories.It really boosts my energy too - and helps curb cravings! :wink: I am happy to send a sample to anyone who is not already working with a Beachbody coach.