Welcome!!

Options

Replies

• tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    drbaska - I have not been tracking on the days that I am having a "bad" day. I just don't want to face the fact that I am binge eating again and feel like I am out of control. I don't know where or when I lost my battle with that demon but I am slowly but surely getting in back under control. I have tried the chocolate Shakeology and it was delicious, but it is a little too expensive for me right now. I wish that they had made it a little more affordable :frown: . That being said I love Beachbody and their workout programs and fully believe in that company and what they stand for. I am so glad that I am an infomercial junkie or I might not have ever come across these workouts. I have Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Rockin' Body, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. Love them all but I keep finding my way back to Turbo! :wink:

Tiffany - don't let the EZ fool you. Those workouts are no joke!! Hope you had fun!

Tracy
  • JacciSimms
    JacciSimms Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Starting with the TF Prep Schedule tonight. My goal is to get the workout completed in the mornings. I'd like to get up at 5am and get it over and done with. There's no reason why I can't do this. My nest is empty and I'm single. I need to stop going to bed at 2am (that's my problem). So tonight I'll workout and be in the bed by 11. I'll let you know how I did tomorrow.
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I ended up doing 55EZ. That was killer but I loved it! And I finished it. I had to slow down the pace a little bit towards the end but I still finished! I just love Chalene. She's so motivating and really makes u feel like u can do it.

Quick question: what is better for weight loss, TF or Chalean Extreme? I started with TF because I felt that the cardio aspect would help me shed pounds. I also know that "muscle burns fat" so I'm sure CX is great too. Just curious which one is better to start with. My plan is to do the TF prep, the full TF schedule, and then either the CX schedule or the hybrid.
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @Tiffanydawn - This is actually my first round of just TF but I have done 2 rounds of CX and had great results. If you look under my profile you will be able to see my results from week 7 to week 12 with doing CX (M,W,F) and TF (T, TH, SA). I really want to work on my cardiovascular compacity right now so that is why I am just doing TF this time. I think whatever workout you do as long as you put forth the effort and eat well you will get great results with any of Chalene's workouts!

Tracy
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I ended up doing 55EZ. That was killer but I loved it! And I finished it. I had to slow down the pace a little bit towards the end but I still finished! I just love Chalene. She's so motivating and really makes u feel like u can do it.

Quick question: what is better for weight loss, TF or Chalean Extreme? I started with TF because I felt that the cardio aspect would help me shed pounds. I also know that "muscle burns fat" so I'm sure CX is great too. Just curious which one is better to start with. My plan is to do the TF prep, the full TF schedule, and then either the CX schedule or the hybrid.

@TiffanyDawn - I think your plan is a good one. I like to do one whole program all the way thru before I do a hybrid - that way I give the program a chance to give me the results Beachbody guarantees. :smile: So I did TF, then Chalean Ext. I have to admit, that I added a few HIIT workouts into my CHX just to get more cardio. But, I'm telling you, I was so lean and defined after CHX. I couldn't believe it! Do you already have CHX?
  • drbaska
    Options
    Starting with the TF Prep Schedule tonight. My goal is to get the workout completed in the mornings. I'd like to get up at 5am and get it over and done with. There's no reason why I can't do this. My nest is empty and I'm single. I need to stop going to bed at 2am (that's my problem). So tonight I'll workout and be in the bed by 11. I'll let you know how I did tomorrow.

@JacciSims - you got get em girl!
  • tiffanydawnn
    Options
    Yes I do have Extreme. I watched a few and they look great.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I did CLX before TF. I had great results (inches wise) from CLX and in the tone & shape of my body, but not so much in the weight loss aspect! I needed more cardio to get rid of the last 10lbs, for sure. So, I bought Turbofire. I'm currently in week 2 of the 20 week program & after I complete these 20 weeks, I will be doing the CLX/TF hybrid :D

I definitely think you're doing it the right way. Melt away the fat with TF & then unveil the muscle with CLX :))

Both programs are ridiculously fun! I just happen to love kickboxing, so I'm really enjoying TF. However, I NEVER missed a workout with CLX and always looked forward to that too. I don't think you can really go wrong with Chalene.
  • tiffanydawnn
    Options
    Melt away the fat with TF & then unveil the muscle with CLX :))

I LOVE how that sounds!!! :)

I swear TF is the most intense, fun workout I've ever done. I literally feel on fire after a TF workout. I actually look forward to doing them. Sometimes I cuss Chalene out for making me damn near kill myself LOL, but at the end I feel so PROUD because she actually makes you want to do your best.
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Jenn and I just joined the group today...can't believe I missed the post on the 12th because I am a Turbo addict..lol. I have taken Turbokick classes and have Turbojam dvds. I recently ordered TurboFire and started in on November 7th. It is awesome!! I love it. I have lost 3 pounds since starting it on the 7th. I did the Inferno plan the first week and have been really keeping my calorie goal to 1200 -1800...depending on my exercise that day that balances it out, using the Food Diary on here to keep track. I started at 197.8 and I got down to 194.4 last week, which I hadn't been down to that since last spring. I had a fairly good weekend. I did an extra workout Saturday to try to make sure I didn't lose my progress and weighed 195.2 this morning. I normally do my TurboFire at 4:30am before I go to work. If I have time to throw an evening one in every 3-4 days I think that really helps. My favorite is TurboFire 45. It is so intense and I love the music. I was really surprised the first time I did that dvd at how much sweat I had dripping off me afterwards...I don't usually sweat that heavy to workouts.
  • drbaska
    Options
    Hi My name is Jenn and I just joined the group today...can't believe I missed the post on the 12th because I am a Turbo addict..lol. I have taken Turbokick classes and have Turbojam dvds. I recently ordered TurboFire and started in on November 7th. It is awesome!! I love it. I have lost 3 pounds since starting it on the 7th. I did the Inferno plan the first week and have been really keeping my calorie goal to 1200 -1800...depending on my exercise that day that balances it out, using the Food Diary on here to keep track. I started at 197.8 and I got down to 194.4 last week, which I hadn't been down to that since last spring. I had a fairly good weekend. I did an extra workout Saturday to try to make sure I didn't lose my progress and weighed 195.2 this morning. I normally do my TurboFire at 4:30am before I go to work. If I have time to throw an evening one in every 3-4 days I think that really helps. My favorite is TurboFire 45. It is so intense and I love the music. I was really surprised the first time I did that dvd at how much sweat I had dripping off me afterwards...I don't usually sweat that heavy to workouts.

@JennBunny73, we are super glad you found us! We are all at different points in our Turbo journey, but the one thing we have in common is that we are Turboing our way throught the holidays and into the New Year. You are doing great! Keep up the good work! If you have any questions, I'm a Beachbody coach and will help in any way I can. In addition, all of our friends in this group are a wealth of knowledge of as well!
  • tiffanydawnn
    Options
    Welcome Jenn!
  • JennBunny73
    Options
    Thanks drbaska an tiffanydawn for the welcome! If I have questions I will be sure to ask. Thanks :)
  • MrsKato1021
    MrsKato1021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello ALL!!
    I am joining this group :)) if that is ok with all of you? I have been doing Turbo Jam on and off for 6month..saw some results...but really need this group with the holidays coming up.

My Name is Angela I am 40yrs, I have two beautiful children...I am married to the love of my life :) Happily married for 17yrs! I work midnights mostly 3 days a week, I work days every third weekend..so somtimes my eating habits are a challenge. Hoping I can break this plateau, haven't really lost anything since starting myfitness pal...determined to change that !! I did Trubo Jam Cardio Party this am 11/21:))

Thank,
    Angela
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hello - my name is Rhenee' and I was excited to find this group yesterday. I had responded to someone else looking for someone to start Turbo Fire with but haven't heard back and I decided this was the way to go since it doesn't matter if you are doing Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. I own Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme and recently received Turbo Fire. I havent used the Turbo Jam in about 4 years and got Chalean Extreme so I could use the Turbo Hybrid schedule once I completed the Turbo Fire. I have tried a couple of the Turbo Fire workouts and really struggled keeping up the pace so what I have decided might be best for me (and that is why I like this group) is that I am going to do Turbo Jam for 30 days to get in a little better shape, expecially with stamina, and then start the Turbo Fire. After reading up on the group yesterday I got so excited that I created my workout calendar for Turbo Jam.

I am 47 years old, 5'3" and have lost a total of 12 pounds so far and have another 30 to go. I haven't worked out on a regular basis for many years and am terribly out of shape. I didn't have a weight problem until I hit my mid 40's and steadily gained from 126 to 174. The 12 pounds that I have lost so far have taken me months and months to lose but it has been by calorie counting only. I don't just want to be "skinny" again, I want to be lean and I know that I need to be "pushing play" to make that happen. I read an article this past summer that was discussing swimsuit ettiquette and it said that 47 is the cut off for bikinis....I want to prove them wrong!!!:devil:

I look forward to being part of this group.
  • JennBunny73
    Options
    Welcome Angela and Rhenee' ...Turbojam, TurboFire, Turbokick....they are all awesome and by far my favorite way to work out. I just started TurboFire on November 7 and they are tough workouts, but I am determined to lose this weight once and for all.
  • tiffanydawnn
    Options
    Welcome Angela and Rhenee!!!
  • MrsKato1021
    MrsKato1021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, well today Turbo Scuplt done, shakeology Greenberry for lunch..salad for dinner. has anyone here herd of body bi vi? My beach body coach left beach body, she is sending me a free sample. I have researched it online, but can't seem to find a whole lot of information. I am going to give it a try, but I just love the way shakeology gives me energy... Would love to hear your thoughts good or bad about Body Bi Vi.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Okay, been really talking myself out of it for awhile now but I'm gonna finally start. I tried watching one of the Fire workouts and am pretty sure I'll be flopping all over trying to keep up since I'm not familiar with the moves but, darn it, it's my living room and if I can't flop around there, where can I? :laugh:

So starting tonight, D1W1 of TurboFire. Any advice?
  • celineangulo
    Options
    I just found out that my husband won't be getting paid until January 15th (he's going to boot camp December 6th) so I won't have any money to buy TurboFire.. :( I wanted to get fit before he came back.. get rid of this post-baby weight.