Where do you usually watch the game?

Options
I live in FL and rarely get Bears games televised, so about three years ago we got NFL Ticket and can watch all the Bears games at home. We figured the money (not to mention the calories) we saved on wings and beer from going to the sports bar every week made it a wash! Once in a while we do go to the local Bear's fan sports bar here, just for the extra fan support. :drinker:

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I usually go to a bar or watch it at home!!!! Yesterdays game was AWESOME!!!
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used to go out to the sports bars every Sunday and watch with friends. We would watch the noon and 3pm games. That got to be expensive and all those calories were horrendous. I would order a coke and then get countless free refills over the 6 hours we were there. Pus I would eat twice. That was every Sunday for years.

Now I watch the game at home on my 58 inch plasma. There are no distractions. I don't have to crane my neck to see a tv. Plus I can eat way healthier and not spend any money. My friends were a pain because I wouldn't come out anymore, but I guess that will happen with changes. I like it better this way though. I am saving money and I am not derailing all my hard work throughout the week of working out and eating healthier but binging on bar food.
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I live in So Cali and I go to this place in Burbank called Taste Chicago. It's owned by the actor Joe Mantegna (who you may remember was the original host of the SNL SuperFans sketch "Bill Swerski's SuperFans"). Needless to say, watching the game there is like being in the sketch. You've got a bunch of Bears die-hards and the place is awash in navy blue t-shirts and jerseys every sunday. Joe himself stops in for most of the games and it's fun to hang with him too. They also serve traditional Chicago cuisine like the deep dish pie, Italian beef, Maxwell St Polish sausages and Vienna Beef Chicago Dogs (yes, with neon relish).

2012 is going to be my first season "on the wagon" as far as calories and fitness. I hope I can make it through with all the good food!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I live in So Cali and I go to this place in Burbank called Taste Chicago. It's owned by the actor Joe Mantegna (who you may remember was the original host of the SNL SuperFans sketch "Bill Swerski's SuperFans"). Needless to say, watching the game there is like being in the sketch. You've got a bunch of Bears die-hards and the place is awash in navy blue t-shirts and jerseys every sunday. Joe himself stops in for most of the games and it's fun to hang with him too. They also serve traditional Chicago cuisine like the deep dish pie, Italian beef, Maxwell St Polish sausages and Vienna Beef Chicago Dogs (yes, with neon relish).

2012 is going to be my first season "on the wagon" as far as calories and fitness. I hope I can make it through with all the good food!

The place sounds awesome!
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i get about every other game on TV in Michigan and if its not on i usually ***** and complain all day and just watch the drive charts on either ESPN or NFL.com
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I live in Chicago and this place sounds so awesome I want to go to so cal just to check it out.
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lol, it's a LOT of fun. It's in the heart of Burbank (near the Burbank airport) and pretty close to the studios. Jay Leno stops in there ALL the time. I've also run into Denis Farina (former Chicago PD before he became a crazy good actor!!), and Joe Mantegna's "Criminal Minds" co-star Thomas Gibson.

A lot of people trash talk it because "the Italian beef isn't like my grandma made it" or "isn't EXACTLY like Portillo's" but for 2,500+ miles from home, the food is pretty damn good. Plus, how can you go wrong surrounded by Bears fans? :)

I've been trying to enjoy the last 2 Bulls playoff games there too but it's hard to enjoy them when we LOSE!