Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

working out on the road

cheddarboy
cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
I often live at work and have confined space and limited equipment. I've tinkered with workouts in order to get a good burn in little time (and space). I've come up with circuit / hiit workout variations that can be done pretty much anywhere. I typically take a pullup bar with ab straps, a set of dumbells and trx to work.

Mountain climber 30s
Hanging Ab knee up 10-20 *if you can do alot more slow down, don't increase reps
Dumbell thrust - (Basically kettle bell overhead lift w dumbell) 12-15

30second rest (don't start next set until HR drops 20 or so)
Burpee 30s
Hanging Ab oblique up 6 -10 per side
Dumbell deadlifts 10-15

30second rest
Mountain climber 30s
Hanging leg raise 10-20
Dumbell thrust 12-15

30second rest
Burpee 30s
Gorilla chinup (underhand grip, do pullup while simultaniously doing hanging-ab-knee up - should end up with knees at elbows while just finishing pullup 10-20
Dumbell deadlift 10-15

60-90 second rest or until HR settles down

Repeat

*Should take 20-25 minutes, but if heart rate is still high between minisets, wait longer than 30seconds until your heart rate goes down noticeably while keeping it above 125-130 or so for the entire workout. Obviously this workout is going to work the abs and back - so these groups might need rest the next few days. The ab and deadlift exercises can easily be substituted for any exercise you can think of. (dumbell curls, tri extensions, squats, lunges, shoulder presses, lateral raises, shrugs, ... endless variations..) I like to keep the mountain climbers and burpees as they are efficient at getting heart rate up..

Replies

• Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    I LOVE it, Thanks for the routine. I will try some of it in bootcamp class. I only can't do the hanging stuff in class. Will let you know if everybody screams in pain :)
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    That is an efficient workout, I like it . My problem is I mix up all kinds of stuff different days I dont follow the same daily routine types but I do already incorporate close to this same workout to my workout schedule..
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    I travel due to work also. I'll do these in the hotel with my backpack on (about 15 lbs) 30 mountain climbers on each leg, then 30 jump squats, 30 burpees, 30 switch kicks each leg, 30 tricep dips. That's 1 round, take 20-30 secs. break, repeat for a total of 6-8 rounds. Takes about 30-40 mins.