Welcome!

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
I am aiming for 100g protein a day - not anti carbs but find I feel better with less carbs and more protein. Looking forward to getting ideas on different ways of getting protein in, and swapping recipes.

Replies

• eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This is great! I can never seem to get enough protien as hard as I try. I love fish, tofu, egg whites and beans but I don't eat red meat. My protien goal is 140 g but I am averaging about 100 I think. Looking forward to some suggestions for sure. Thanks.
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am a protein lover as well! I have swapped my love of carbs for protein and have been so happy with the results! I don't have much trouble getting my protein in every day....probably because I am such a big milk drinker and yogurt eater. I also use Shakeology everyday which is high in protein (higher when I add greek yogurt, skim milk, or almond milk to it) and occaisionally I drink Special K protein shakes. I also eat a lot of almonds...hmmmm, now that I write all of this I realize, I don't really cook much of anything...LOL
    When I do cook, I really like making a Tuna and Brown Rice pilaf. Super fast, easy, and high in protein. I will round up the recipe and post it here for the group. I am all about fast and easy when it comes to making food!
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea for a group. :drinker: I am always trying to get as much protein in as I can during the day. I love fish, eggs, tofu, and beans. I don't eat red meat and I really try to limit white meats (chicken, turkey etc.) as much as possible. I would love to here from others on how they get their protein in for the day. :smile:
  • CMHug
    CMHug Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a group!
    I don't feel like I have ever found the right balance of protein and complex carbs.
    Would love to share recipes!
    Must say I am totally in love with Greek yogurt as a source of protein.
    And I am addicted to almond butter on bananas, apples, or whole grain bread.
    A favorite breakfast is scrambled egg whites with veggies on a corn tortilla with salsa and avocado.

Looking forward to reading your ideas~
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like this group! I've been slowly upping my protein % every few months, and it seems to be working great for keeping weight off and losing slowly. I aim for 100g every day, and usually get within a few grams under or over!
    Some staples include:
    skim milk
    skyr
    Optimum Nutrition whey protein powder
    string cheese
    whatever meat I cook for dinner (usually chicken, steak, venison, or seafood)
    eggs

I am always looking for recipes that are high-protein and relatively low carb. I've found that the balance I've struck of more protein and less carbs has helped me feel better, have more energy, snack less, and has made my skin clear up pretty fantastically.
  • Odrinka
    Odrinka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been incorporating more of a Paleo diet recently which has really helped me bump up my protein to around 140g/day. I've been replacing a lot of the bread a tortillas I eat with large portions of whatever protein I'm having. A delicious high protein breakfast is taking slices of canadian bacon and folding them into muffin pan cups then cracking an egg into each cup. Bake at *350 for 10 min for a runny yolk, 12-14min for a more solid yolk. I love putting sriracha all over it :)
  • forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
  • forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Odrinka wrote: »
    I've been incorporating more of a Paleo diet recently which has really helped me bump up my protein to around 140g/day. I've been replacing a lot of the bread a tortillas I eat with large portions of whatever protein I'm having. A delicious high protein breakfast is taking slices of canadian bacon and folding them into muffin pan cups then cracking an egg into each cup. Bake at *350 for 10 min for a runny yolk, 12-14min for a more solid yolk. I love putting sriracha all over it :)

Sounds delish!! I just made 2 egg scramble with tomatilo (sp?) salsa. It was very good.