Welcome

Options
Welcome to all who have joined. For those who are not a part of my weight loss group you can find the thread under the General Weight Loss Main Page, it is of the same name. Please feel free to join and read the first post for information regarding the challenge.

For those who are a part of that group feel free to introduce yourselves some more to each other.

I'm Christine and I am the moderator of this and the weight loss group. I have a master's in social work in NJ. I am getting married October 6, 2012 and hope to reach my goal and maintain it for wedding day by May 2012 at the latest. I am super into photography;as a hobby, and love my movie date nights with my fiance. I am a Disney fanatic and have a tattoo of Eeyore on my right leg. I love to hear when people are going on vacation to Disney because I like to be a mini travel agent for those people. So, if you are planning a Disney vacation, feel free to ask me about it.

I would love to get to know the rest of you, so feel free to tell us a little more about yourself.

Replies

• dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dianna most call me Dia. Mom of five and I'm a Music Photojournalist and live in Charlotte, NC but am a Jersey girl at heart. I'm originally from Cape May, NJ and I miss the beach like no other. I've hit a plateau a few months ago and just fell off. I was on said plateau for several months and also had an injury I decided I was not going to let this happen and again and again. I've managed to get back on track and start to change the way I think about health and food, and just life itself. I stil have 113 pounds to lose for this challenge I will say I want to lose 30.

So starting weight : 248
    Ending weight/goal: 218

If I do not reach that goal I will not fall down, or quit, I will go harder... but I'm going to try my damndest to do it!
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dia. It's great to "meet" you.

Did you want to join our group thread? There are about 20 other women who have joined thus far. Just go to the message boards and click on the general weight loss and find our thread of the same name.
  • Karebearninja
    Karebearninja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Kerry, I'm a successful northern transplant to Raleigh, NC. I am a bit of a non-Christmas penguin collector, it's not easy to find penguins without hats and scarves. 8-) I'm an avid reader and player of video games. Thank you for starting this group! The holidays are always tough for me and it will be great to have someone hold me accountable.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Heya,

I'm Leigh from Virginia. I have two horrible dogs (one Jack Russell and one Aussie Shepherd mix) who were adopted and saved from death (you'd think they's be a little more grateful ;))

I have started training for a 4 miler in November, a 5k Zombie race in May and an 8-mile crazy obstacle Spartan race in August.

I am an attorney and was once upon a time a studio art major until I was told that you can't make a living doing art (hence the law degree) but I'm still pretty artistic and try to create something new every couple of weeks or so.

Looking forward to getting on track with a healthy lifestyle that is NOT a diet...we'll see how that goes
  • Karebearninja
    Options
    Does Crystal Light count towards our water goal? I don't think I could make it without it! So far so good on the exercise.
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would like to think so. It is all water, just make sure you are adding the calories from the mix if you are not using the no calorie mix.
  • Karebearninja
    Options
    Excellent! I've got the splenda version so it's 0 calories. I'm trying to ween myself to just water, but not all waters are created equal! It does have a taste and apparently I'm picky about my water. :bigsmile:
  • DBTFW
    DBTFW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Paula, and I'm looking forward to losing the weight I need to! This site is the first time I've ever tried anything like this, so I'm a bit nervous to share my weight baggage and insecurities. I'm a work at home mom (book editor) in the Midwest, so my job is pretty inactive, plus I have easy access to the fridge all day--bad, bad, bad!

However, I am sick to death of lugging around all this extra fluff. I just joined yesterday (well, officially, I joined in May or somesuch then promptly forgot about it), but I am determined to stay on track for the holidays so this group is perfect. I have been logging food and exercise although I'm off of my calorie goals so far. I did 30-Day Shred yesterday and today--heaven help me!!! Yesterday I was near death, but today was a little easier stamina-wise albeit a little stiffer movement-wise.

I am inspired by the success stories on this site. I actually teared up yesterday while reading a thread where someone near my size was asking about stretch marks after weightloss, and so many people posted pix--and looked great! This has been one of my fears--that after 2 big babies and nearly a decade of being overweight or obese I will be all stretchmarked out. Now I know this may not be the case, but if it is, it's not the end of the world.

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories!
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Alex

I am from North Carolina and I have officially become hell-bent to break the cycle of being overweight. It runs in my family but I wanna change it. Hopefully, my family will follow my example. Plus, I want to be healthy. By January 1st I want to be a size 6 at 140-145 lbs. I want to eventually wear a sweet black dress and wow everyone that sees me in it. This time on my "diet" and with my exercise I WILL do this, there is no stopping me. I will one day dawn that sexy bikini I have dreamed of wearing.

I'm a student so I keep having to alter my workout schedule, but I will make this happen. I also look forward to helping anyone else in anyway that I can and getting support in return.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Priscilla from Southern California. I have been slowly successful with my weight goals and survived the Thanksgiving with a loss! I am always looking for support and motivation on those days I dont feel like staying on track. This will be a great motivation for me! Nice to meet you all.