*** Back on Track ***

Options
Are you 18 months, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, more years post-op? Have you gained back a few pounds? Or or you struggling to maintain your new healthy lifestyle habits? Are you ready to get back on track?

If so this is a WLS thread designed especially for weight loss surgery post-ops that want to get back on track, stay on track and discuss any topics concerning weight loss surgery post-operatively. The purpose of this group is to provide support to each other, motivation, inspiration, and to share ideas and strategies for change to incorporate healthy habits into our life.

We aren't going to tell you what to eat or make recommendations except for the basic foundation for a weight loss surgery healthy lifestyle. What works for each of us is special and unique. For specific dietary recommendations, contact your surgeon's nutritionist.

What we will talk about is the emotions and reasons we emotionally eat and what we need to do to stay on track. We will share our successes, challenges, and reach our goals of getting on track and staying there.

After all, back on track is knowing that it is up to you and the answers aren't found in food and eating. Remember none of us are perfect. Consistency not perfection is the key. You can do it. Do not be defeated.

Success is never giving up!

Replies

• darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Okay ....

I have to admit it .... I've just been doing a "copy meal to today" thing for almost 2 weeks now. I've been sooooo sloppy in my eating. Not going over calorie limit for the day (I hope) but just binging on unhealthy stuff. Eating one huge meal and nothing else for the rest of the day. Or eating just sugar-free licorice for the day. And I haven't been weighing in.

Uuuuugh. I didn't want to actually put this in writing and have to face myself. But ... there it is. Out in the open in black and white.

**Hangs head in shame**

The worst thing about this is that I just posted in another thread about what a miracle gastric bypass has been for me. I'm off oxygen, can sleep at night, have LOW blood pressure and my cholesterol ROCKS!! Why in the world would I even THINK about slipping into unhealthy eating patterns?

Well ... if nothing else, I'm being honest with my food diary today :-)
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    With gastritis pain I have when I eat I found that I was starting to eat more 'slider' foods just to try and ease the pain. So of course it meant I could consume more at a sitting. However during the day I am really quite tight, so dont eat a huge amount. By the evening I feel looser and can eat a whole meal.

So this past week Ive been doing the 5 day pouch test so get bacjk on track with my pouch. It's worked well, I feel tighter again and can eat smaller portions again. And I am forcing myself to chew more carefully and slower to try and avoid pain.

So I havent regained, but the loss has been very slow for a month or 2 and I think it was a bit stilted.

(gastric band)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Okay ....

I have to admit it .... I've just been doing a "copy meal to today" thing for almost 2 weeks now. I've been sooooo sloppy in my eating. Not going over calorie limit for the day (I hope) but just binging on unhealthy stuff. Eating one huge meal and nothing else for the rest of the day. Or eating just sugar-free licorice for the day. And I haven't been weighing in.

Uuuuugh. I didn't want to actually put this in writing and have to face myself. But ... there it is. Out in the open in black and white.

**Hangs head in shame**

The worst thing about this is that I just posted in another thread about what a miracle gastric bypass has been for me. I'm off oxygen, can sleep at night, have LOW blood pressure and my cholesterol ROCKS!! Why in the world would I even THINK about slipping into unhealthy eating patterns?

Well ... if nothing else, I'm being honest with my food diary today :-)

Hi Darla,

No hanging your head in shame. We are not perfect. The imporatant thing is that you try to get back on track as soon as possible and get on the scale. When I on a binge cycle it helps me to face the scale as soon as possible and that has put me back to aleast stop gaining. Avoiding the scale will only keep you in denial. Posting here is great because you are at least aware of issue. Being aware mentally is sometimes not enough if you find you are having problems stopping yourself still.

Hopefully getting the scale and seeing the damage will help you get back on track. Good job on getting back on track today.

One day at a time and I hope the logging when well today. You can do it. The earlier you catch regain the better. Keep us posted.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    With gastritis pain I have when I eat I found that I was starting to eat more 'slider' foods just to try and ease the pain. So of course it meant I could consume more at a sitting. However during the day I am really quite tight, so dont eat a huge amount. By the evening I feel looser and can eat a whole meal.

So this past week Ive been doing the 5 day pouch test so get bacjk on track with my pouch. It's worked well, I feel tighter again and can eat smaller portions again. And I am forcing myself to chew more carefully and slower to try and avoid pain.

So I havent regained, but the loss has been very slow for a month or 2 and I think it was a bit stilted.

(gastric band)

Hi Sandra,
    Congrats on weight lost so far!! Good job!! Sorry about all the complications you have had thus far. Hope they find a way to rectify issues. Keep presevering. Welcome to group and thanks for introducing yourself to the group too!!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options

(gastric band)

Hi Sandra,
    Congrats on weight lost so far!! Good job!! Sorry about all the complications you have had thus far. Hope they find a way to rectify issues. Keep presevering. Welcome to group and thanks for introducing yourself to the group too!!
    Hi and thank you!

Although 'they' wont be doing anything, I'm not entitled to any treatment unless it's a dire emergency! So its a case of treating myself and hoping all goes ok!

x
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    ***RE-POST*** from Kelly Wilson:

Your self-talk for today: "We are all on a separate weight loss journey. I will NOT compare myself to others. I will be proud of my accomplishements and make adjustment where needed. I will accept help and support and do the same for others!"
  • SapphireJade
    Options
    ***RE-POST*** from Kelly Wilson:

Your self-talk for today: "We are all on a separate weight loss journey. I will NOT compare myself to others. I will be proud of my accomplishements and make adjustment where needed. I will accept help and support and do the same for others!"

Thank you for this something I needed I do tend to compare myself to others and use the ohh but they are doing soo much better or it has been less time and they have lost more than me.

and Darla you are a strong person and you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work you might have made a couple accidents but...in the end you saw your wrong and are taking all the right steps in the right direction so there is no need in feeling shame.
  • darla499
    Options
    Hi Mollie!

Thank you for your kind words. I did do better today. I over did the sugar a bit .... grapes and some hard candies. But I logged accurately and came out below my calories. So I'm happy with it because it gives me room for improvement tomorrow :-)

I still haven't got the nerve to weigh in yet. I figure I'll do it Sunday :-)

Have a great day tomorrow and thanks for opening this group!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Amen Amen Amen I am doing it and will continue. this will be my daily goals..:flowerforyou:
  • jooles0
    Options
    I am just over 3 years post op. last year I regained about 20lb very quickly and easily because I got lazy with it and realised that I could eat fries and chips again. I took back control and have lost that 20lbs and continued to lose and start a fitness programme. I paid for my surgery and wasn't working with it but now I am :)
    It is important to remember that the head issues never really go away but you can take control.
    I honestly believe that I would not have lived to see 40 (am 38) if I had continued on the path I was on pre-op!
    My bypass was my gift to myself and the BEST thing I ever did :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I am just over 3 years post op. last year I regained about 20lb very quickly and easily because I got lazy with it and realised that I could eat fries and chips again. I took back control and have lost that 20lbs and continued to lose and start a fitness programme. I paid for my surgery and wasn't working with it but now I am :)
    It is important to remember that the head issues never really go away but you can take control.
    I honestly believe that I would not have lived to see 40 (am 38) if I had continued on the path I was on pre-op!

I believed that the head issues never go away eitther Jooles but I totally believe they can be managed to our benefit. Keep up the good work and congrats to you on getting back control! Again you look awesome!!
  • darla499
    Options

Nice to meet you Jooles0!

I did the same as you ... gifting myself with the bypass. And it truly is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I too, know I'd have died without the surgery. Not right away, but I would have had a lousy quality of life. I was already on oxygen!

So, here's to staying on track!
  • darla499
    Options
    Amen Amen Amen I am doing it and will continue. this will be my daily goals..:flowerforyou:

Me and you both!
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was trying to post pictures but i don't have the patiences I will try again tomorrow. However I am trying to stay on track through the holidays!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I was trying to post pictures but i don't have the patiences I will try again tomorrow. However I am trying to stay on track through the holidays!

You can do it. I don't celebrate holidays but I have activites set up and I am pre-planning now for those events. So try to preplan. A plan is better than no plan.
  • darla499
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I hope you all have a fantastic day full of friends, family and good food.

Today I am not celebrating with food ... just visiting some friends later ... so should be safe :-)
  • darla499
    Options
    I am soooo happy to report that I did really good for Thanksgiving. It was the first day that I've really been on track in awhile! I think just the thought of how badly I could screw things up on that day scared me into careful watching and logging of my food.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I am soooo happy to report that I did really good for Thanksgiving. It was the first day that I've really been on track in awhile! I think just the thought of how badly I could screw things up on that day scared me into careful watching and logging of my food.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend.

Good job Darla!!
  • darla499
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday with friends, family and good (healthy) food :smile:

I have been really good. I've now, actually been able to put two days of healthy eating together. Usually that is all I need to get the motivation and kick start to get into gear. So I'm thinking I may be back on track!

I hope the best for all.

(((((Mollie))))), thank you for putting this group together.
  • darla499
    Options
    Happy to report that I made today my official weigh-in day and I surveyed the damage.

Four pounds gained. I can deal with that.

I already updated my ticker and am back on track!

Thanks everyone for being so supportive!