Week 1, Day 1

Options
MrsTomkins
MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE running, but only because I suck at it.. I am very competitive.. and I have started a strength training program and needed to add some cardio to it.. I decided to do the couch to 5k because I want to LOVE running.. I had my first session today and I am happy to report I stuck with it.. I was winded, and exhausted.. but I did it.. I would love the support of fellow newbie runners :)

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow. Frankly, I'm shocked I'm still doing it. If I can ANYONE can! :drinker:
  • MrsTomkins
    Options
    did you find the 2nd and 3rd workout in week one became easier after the first work out?
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    going to do my first day today also! Im hopeing i can do it and that i stick with it, good luck and keep me posted on how you go :D
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Today was also my first day. I had some technical challenges since hubby uploaded the wrong podcast. I was having to time myself on my phone and that was distracting. I hope is Wednesday with my right podcast goes better.
  • yclayborne32
    Options
    Cool I started on Sunday too and I also was winded and ready for that new lung transplant any second. I felt like I had smoked a million freaking cigarettes by the time I was done LOL
  • MrsTomkins
    Options
    you can do it ladies!! just telll yourself to keep going.. it is only 60 seconds at a time and you can do anything for 60 seconds
  • yclayborne32
    Options
    Oh yeah if your looking for a timer try Interval Timer its for Android phones and the best thing its FREE!!!! You have to mess around with the settings for a second because theres an anoying ticking and vibrating but once you take those specific sounds off it's the best thing I've used for this. Also you can listen to your music with the timer still running. You can here the beeps really good if you have headphones and did I mention its FREE!!!!!!
  • yclayborne32
    Options
    Sorry the correct name is HIIT Interval Training Timer
  • sara_e_wallace
    Options
    I bought a treadmill last night and am going to start TODAY when I get home from work....wish me Luck :ohwell:
  • MrsTomkins
    Options
    GOODLUCK! you can do it!!! remember it is only 60 seconds at a time and you can do anything for 60 seconds just keep pushing!!
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You will have days where you just feel like you can't do it. The important thing is to keep moving, even if you have to walk the whole workout. Just don't move onto the next week until you have completed the 3 workouts per week as written. I've often heard to not be afraid to repeat a week or 2.....no shame in that! We all progress at different rates!

Yesterday when I did Week 2, Day 1, when I started I just felt like it was going to be a struggle from start to finish. As it turned out, the first couple run segments were tough, but then I got in the "groove" and really enjoyed it!

This isn't a race......we'll all get there in our own time!

Good Luck!
  • jennrichhartle
    Options
    I have done Wek 1 Day 1 a few times just because I can't seem to get a solid week together. Finally moved on to Day 2, which seems like a miracle. Only 8 1/2 weeks to go! :happy:
  • sara_e_wallace
    Options
    I bought a treadmill last night and am going to start TODAY when I get home from work....wish me Luck :ohwell:

I DID IT!!! and it was really not that hard - I walked at 3.0 MPH and Jogged at 4.0 MPH - It was not NEARLY as hard as I expected and I even (are you ready for this) enjoyed it!!!
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    just completed day one and love it, wasn't as "hard" as i expected. been here before and never stuck to it but i have found a podcast to help me through and judging by today i think its really going to make the difference for me :D