Intros

Options
13»

Replies

• gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Im Carl or Carlie, Im a rugby Leaguer, Ive been a Hull FC supporter all my life, OLD FAITHFUL, IN ANY KIND OF WEATHER :-)

I did play myself, and did make it to the high level, played for Castleford and Wakefield in a few games.
  • lhprop1
    lhprop1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Loosehead checking in. I started playing in 1996 and retired last spring after nationals. I still lace up my boots for our D3 side every now and then, but for the most part, I'm retired.
  • Elucidate_my_life
    Options
    Hi everyone

new to MFP

Ex rugby union and league player. Played for 2 pro clubs (reserves-never quite got that full contract) in UK, in Australia and University 1st. Had to retire at 26!! Never thought that would be the case-my body just wont allow it (after car accident)! Anyway, there are always players out there with more experience and skills but thought id mention mine, as id love to help others who can still play and to give advice, so please feel free to ask questions - would love to help!
  • GodoftheArena
    Options
    Hi new to MFP

Love rugby, support england, leicester tigers (schooled in East Midlands).

Had county trails not long ago but got a groin injury followed by a hamstring injury, got depressed took to partying to much and not doing any exercise now looking to get back into my prime.
    Play 7 flanker.

Add me if you want.

Also all hail king wilko.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm a New Zealander living in California now. I've played rugby since I was little pup. Finally called it quits in my early 30's after a couple of ACL surgeries.

I played for various representative teams in New Zealand (NPC (Taranaki), Hurricane Colts, New Zealand Maori Colts and Canterbury Colts) before moving to the United States to be with my love. I played for Belmont Shore for two years when the Super League was still in existence.

I was a tight head and lose head prop. Gained a ton of weight, but I've finally got it under control with the help of P90X and this website.

Great to find this group
    Simon
  • thescrumisfun
    thescrumisfun Posts: 355
    Options
    Hey everyone! Been a member of the group for a while, just haven't posted here. I prop for my D2 university team :) This will be my third year playing!
  • jimbo2180
    jimbo2180 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've literally just stumbled upon this group!. as of late i've been reduced to a armchair Sale Sharks fan. No free time in-between work and university has pulled me away from the world of premiership rugby but i still Hook for my University and occasionally my local side :)

I'll be checking in here often!
  • BigPhilOrk
    Options
    Hi I am Phil from Wales who now lives in Scotland.

Support Wales, Cardiff blues and Orkney.
  • bigscottyuk
    bigscottyuk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Scotty, play second/back row.

Support Saracens, England & Cyprus (ela Kypros!).
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    Im joe from australia. I support a variety of teams manly my local clubs the QLD Reds, Wallabies and the Auckland Blues over in the NZ. Internationally however i enjoy supporting fiji in the rugby sevens being part fijian myself and RC Toulon up in the northern hemisphere.

Retired from rugby at 27 with knee problems but i am slowly growing back some confidence in the knees thanks to some herbal remedies that appear to be alleviating alot of the pain and stress that was initially associated with my injuries.
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all.... I'm Brooks in Richmond, VA..... the season is back in full swing and just seeing who is around.
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey mate, im new here to the group however i have been logging regularly. Add me if u wish and anyone else ;)
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Linda and I play for the Molly Pitcher's Rugby Club. We are small group out of Johnson City, TN. I have only been playing since August and I fell in love with the sport from the very first day I played. I have played in two games and one tournament since I started and I just can't get enough. If anyone would like to add me, please feel free to do so. I would love to have friends that can give me pointers to help me improve my game.
  • damienkstanton
    Options
    Hi All,

I am writing from Washington, D.C. USA. I am training now for the Spring 2014 MARFU season, and will be trying out for the PAC Rugby Club here in the district.

I played US football throughout my youth up until college, but am new to rugby. I am an experienced long distance runner and have some martial arts experience. I am hoping this blend of skills will be useful on the pitch!

If anyone has training tips, routines, nutritional guidelines etc. for someone likely to end up in the back field, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Damien
  • BigPhilOrk
    Options
    Played my first game of rugby last week in 4 years, it was brutal. Great fun tho. Second game today. Glad to be back playing.
  • ruggerbabe
    Options
    Hey all - glad to see so many ruggers and rugby fans on MFP! I'm predominantly a winger, although I sometimes get put in the terrifying position of fullback :s

I play union but still love me a league game :)
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love seeing how many female Rugby fans there are in the USA and Canada. A great game. I have twin boy and girl who both play and love it. Pre-season about to start down here in Australia