Daily Check In November 14 2011

Options
PedmomJill
PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
Good morning Cathletes! Please note that anyone can start the daily check in! I might not always be here first thing in the morning.

On Cathe's November rotation, today is scheduled for rest or yoga. I will be doing some simple cardio (elliptical and/or treadmill) as I will be taking a rest day later in the month when there isn't one scheduled. Unfortunately I'm feeling foot pain today since I did eilliptical/treadmill yesterday. I'll just have to get through it.

Have a great day ladies!

Replies

• bayerngirl
    bayerngirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi girls,

I can't promise to post every day, I will try to post at least once a week. Today I will start M3 D25, my fav meso! Love heavy lifting!

Pedmom - take it easy with that foot!

Waves Hi to everyone that follows!
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Ditto for me...I'll pop in and post when I can. Had a nice walk to work this morning and if I have a little energy left at the end of the day, I'll do a little Yoga Relax or Max.

Pedmom - Easy does it with your foot. Maybe keep the resistance/incline down?

Belinda - Rock D25 today! I know how much you love those heavy weights :)

Hello to the rest of the gang!
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I'll try to check in daily, too; however, it may not be in the morning as I'm usually rush, rush, rushing out the door.

Pedmon -- do take it easy on the foot. I know it can be painful; I've had several challenges with my feet over the last several years and it's put me out of commission more than once..
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

We got some kinda crazy virus taking over our network over here, so I'm not sure how often I'll be getting on in the coming days. I usually check MFP via iPhone, and message board section isn't on the app, so it isn't as easy.

Today will be M2D17, I think (legs, I know that much). Maybe throw in some ab work if I feel like it, =P

As for the STS questions, I'm not sure I should answer, because I'm SUCH an STS enabler. I believe it's a great program, and worth every penny. I plan my year around it. I do STS 1 - 2 times per year (beginning/end) , and spend the rest of the year, basically maintaining the results. Every time the results just keep getting better, so I can't complain. The amount of workouts is not confusing at all, the discs are numbered and you just pop them in chronologically. It's actually one of the easiest rotations to follow, especially for people who aren't good at following rotations. Case in point is my DH, he refuses to follow any sort of schedule, especially with his workouts. But after a seeing my results from a couple of STS rounds, he was sold. He started doing STS just after the Disney RT, and is finishing up this week (only 2 discs left). He looks awesome, and he knows it, lol. I can't believe he actually followed through with it, but he said it was just so easy because he didn't have to think, just come home and pop in the next disc.

Anyway, I'll stop myself there, because I could go on forever. I LOVE STS. But I think we all get that, lol.

Well, my DOMS has finally lifted, rofl. Now I have to go conquer PC virus madness, so that my DS can get some schoolwork done (he's home schooled, & I'm on his laptop :-/ )...

Hope you ladies have a great day!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    No pressure to check in. Just whenever you can. I will most likely do it daily because I work at a computer all day so it's pretty easy for me to be on MFP. And I like the accountability.

RE: my foot issues. Ugh. That's the first thing that comes to mind haha. I've had Morton's Neuroma in both feet for years (basically nerve damage/pain in the ball of the foot). I've gotten cortisone shots in the past but you can only get so many, so I now try to manage it with expensive shoes and expensive inserts. And I don't run every day. The last couple of weeks though, new pain has come my way in the left foot and I'm sure it's Plantar Faciitis. So how do you buy inserts and shoes that can take care of both problems? You can't. So I'm living with it and really keeping my treadmill time to a minimum. As much as I love it I can no longer use it daily. :sad: It was great to be able to jump on for awhile after work with my tunes and just get some stress burned off at the end of the day. I've just had to change up what I'm doing.

Kiki your love of STS is very evident! It's awesome that you found a program that works so well for you. And getting your DH to do it too! That's great. Hope you get your IT problems worked out soon. I'm glad to hear your DOMS is better. Oh and I know what you mean-I have a Droid and thought it was just my phone that didn't show the message boards on the MFP app. I hope they add that sometime because when I travel for work it's not always convenient to get the laptop out.

Jill
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Right now I'm on a Supreme 90 rotation, but at the beginning of the year I will be starting another round of STS! Right now I'm mixing in all my favorite DVD instructors, so Cathe is in for the cardio right now. :wink: Today probably isn't the best day for me to check in, because it is my rest day. :laugh: Right now I'm doing a 7 day on 1 day off, this will get me through the holidays without missing any workouts. Then I don't have to worry about doing any catching up.

One of my thoughs on this type of group is probably starting a thread for each of Cathe's series something like this for headers:

Low Impact Series
    STS Strength Series
    Shock Cardio Series
    Hardcore Series
    Body Blast Series
    Intensity Series
    Slow & Heavy
    Pure Strength

Then all the other individual ones would probably be on their own? People could ask questions, or give their thoughts on the workouts.

Chat later!
    Laurie
  • steph_arena
    Options
    Pedmom: Totally understand your pain...well not totally however i had a subluxation of my patella (basically kneecap slid off and went right back on) and was in physio for 1 year 3x a week...yeah!!! I had to seriously tone down any jumping as well...i basically built my core to the extreme during that time..

Today i just finished LIS cardio-supersets + step...did not think it burnt the 470 that workout manager told me so i downgraded it to 300! Not as intense as i had hoped...actually most of the series are a little less than i thought they would be..but the are FUN! so what the heck!

Yesterday despite my pec doms I headed to the gym to do my sts disc 15..I also did turbo barre for 20 min then got fed up..sooo today i will try to get the legs (12) done so i only have 2 more left for the week! (i am trying to do it 6x but i am not sure i will be able to)

bbl
    steph
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. Today I did Amy Bento KB2. I used a dumbbell for most Kettlebell moves. That is one tough workout. The Kickbox is awesome but the Kettlebell is way advanced for me. This month I am trying to do a Kettlebell rotation. I
    am a beginner kettlebeller so I will see how this works out. As long as I don't hurt myself all will be good.

Kiki I to post from my iPhone. I use the app and bookmark the page so I can get on the boards and do other stuff. Love my iPhone!

Jill hope your foot feels better soon.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Hey look at that! I changed my user name to add my first name lol. Now I don't have to type it all the time.

I am thrilled to say I got a great workout in on the treadmill with virtually no foot pain. Of course I'll have to see how it is tomorrow haha. But what a fun hour! I LOVE my treadmill and have fun making playlists (yes I'm a geek) and really just enjoy it.

I am meeting some friends tonight for a few drinks to watch the Packers beat the Vikings so I wanted a little extra burn. I'm going to have a big salad with grilled chicken and dressing on the side, but I'm not sure how to calculate all of it yet. Guess I'd better figure that out before I leave tonight.

Jenn, that's another instructor I haven't tried at all, Amy Bento. I read a lot about her online but just feel a little overwhelmed when I look at all the dvds I already have. I just can't buy more (right now lol).

Steph, wow that knee thing sounds horribly painful. At least with my feet I can get some relief with ice and rest. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I swear by mine. I really think it's totally accurate. Unfortunately it also tells me how much harder I have to work now that I don't weigh so much lol. But it's so much more accurate than the machines. For instance, my TM today told me I'd burned 364, but my hrm said 502. The hrm is based on my age and weight, not just a random, pre-programmed machine's. I know you can get them fairly cheap (like under $50) online and at some stores if you are interested.

Laurie, that is a good idea to have a thread on each series. LOL that you joined us on your rest day. I know from experience though that you don't take that many and it's well-deserved today!
  • helened
    Options
    I guess I have been posting in the live feed so I might as well check in too.

pedmom: I hope your foot feels better soon. How was the running with it? At least it doesn't look like it's slowing you down. I can't imagine getting shots in the foot. That in itself must be.......unpleasant.......

Belinda: Have a blast with M3. How is the tower working for you? Is it much better with it?

Kiki: You sound like an infomercial for STS. But ITA with what you said except once a year is good for me. I do use the workouts throughout the year though. I have some definite favorites that I pull out depending on what I am doing. So even without following the rotation STS is great.

Trish: Howdy!

Steph: Nice workouts. Is that STS 6x per week you are doing?

Jenn: Good point on posting to the thread with a bookmark. I am so used to the app that I wasn't even thinking of doing it outside the app. LOL. Nice job on your workout.

Ivnascar: Enjoy your workouts. I am also kind of doing what I feel like for now.

imalikat2: The morning rush is a pain.

OK, so I saw there are 17 people signed up for this board. Replying to the thread could be a full time job. :-) So I probably won't be here everyday, but I will be around and possibly lurking. Thanks for those phones.

Did a BM2 premix today and upper 20 from turbo fire. It was a nice workout.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hi! I am currently doing a turbofire/chalene extreme hybrid right now, but Cathe holds a spot near and dear to my heart. She is the sole reason i started weight training and i love her workouts. I finished up STS a while back so decided to switch it up with the turbo workouts. I will probably do STS when I am finished with this hybrid.

I will continue to lurk here in the meantime!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Hi Stormy and welcome!

I am very proud of myself. I only had two small drinks (1 ounce vodka each), a house salad with dressing on the side, and one piece of brochetta (however you spell it). That is a big NSV for me!
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, i was suppose to start month 2 of insanity but had alot of running around to do after work, so hopefully i can start tomorrow.