Goals

Options
Hey all, I thought it would be nice to have a place where we can put all of our goals. I know we have talked about goals in that thread going, but now we can have a thread right in our group.

I was just looking at BMI charts and I have a lot to lose before I am even in the "overweight" range, which for me starts at about 162lbs-so that is my first major goal. (I am hopefully quickly approaching my first minor scale goal, which is one-derland, I am just over 6lbs away! :) ) Then, 140lbs puts me in the upper part of the healthy range. From there, I will decide what I think is appropriate. The lightest I have been in my adulthood was 150lbs and at that weight I felt like I could healthfully lose about 10lbs more. I was a size 8 then. Again, according to charts, I think that 129lbs is the maximum weight I "should" be at my height, but judging by the size I was as a teenager below that weight and a young adult around that weight, it might be too light for me. I'll reassess as I get closer though. I NEVER want to be a size 2-4 again as every bone in my body sticks out then. An 8 felt good, and size 6 is a maybe.

My non-scale.number related goals are things like improving fitness, better performance in my favourite activities, and fitting into some of my old jeans! :)

So, what are your goals? Scale and non-scale, whatever you would like to share! :)

Replies

• annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    My second goal is to be 221 by January 6th. Currently, I am 230.6, and my goal for the week is to be 228 pounds. Once I lose a pound a week, I am Ok. I am breaking down my weight loss into goals of ten pounds every two months.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great way to break it down and a totally reasonable amount of weight to lose! I think I should make more smaller goals too, like your 10lbs increments, to help keep me motivated so I don't lose sight of my bigger goals! :)

Good luck! You can definitely do that!
    My second goal is to be 221 by January 6th. Currently, I am 230.6, and my goal for the week is to be 228 pounds. Once I lose a pound a week, I am Ok. I am breaking down my weight loss into goals of ten pounds every two months.
  • merrick7871
    Options
    That sounds like a great way to break it down and a totally reasonable amount of weight to lose! I think I should make more smaller goals too, like your 10lbs increments, to help keep me motivated so I don't lose sight of my bigger goals! :)

Good luck! You can definitely do that!

I like the idea of mini goals leading up to my main goal. Will make me feel like I am actually doing something.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My mini goal for December is to hit the 180's, my end goal for this challenge is to be in the 140's if I can get lower that's a bonus. Ultimate final goal is 130-135 by my birthday in May.

Other goals for myself are to only eat meals made from home, If I go out to be very strict and take the healthier choice.
    To workout 5x a week with cardio and strength training.
    To love myself no matter what, if I mess up a day it's ok. reflect and make better choices the next day.
    To drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    More excellent goals! Thanks for sharing ladies :)
  • merrick7871
    Options
    My main goal is 120 pounds. That gives me 46 to go!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    My goal is to get to "onederland" by April. I'm about 248 right now, so I think it's entirely doable!
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to get to get to around 150-160. Right now my April Goal for My 25th Birthday is to get around 185. 41lbs to go! Im in another challenge for christmas I am trying to lose 10lbs by then 2.5 down so far.... By Feb2012 I want to be at 205