Welcome Double Shredders!

Options
getfitdiva
getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
Lets be realistic it's sooooo easy to slack around the end of the year and holidays. To be honest I'm all about starting today! Who doesn't have 50 minutes to devote to your body? So here goes everything! Fit in 2 levels of Jillian Michaels' 30 Days Shred . . . 3 times a week. I skip the cool down in the first level I complete and go straight to the next workout which is approximately 50 minutes. You can even fit 1 level in the morning and the other in the afternoon/evening. I will be adding some running, maybe a class at the gym, Insanity outside of this routine.

The sky's the limit!

Post tips: how you completed per day/week, how you fit it in to your crazy schedule, if you increased your hand weights etc. We are all here for support. Take starting measurements & weight. Lets get it started!!!

Replies

• getbusyliving
    Options
    Great idea! I am doing JM 30 DS along with my running, biking, swimming. Not sure if I will up it to two DVD's a day just yet. I think that after I finish JM, I will roll right into P90X.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Yes I need some serious motivation and I find when I have a plan I feel obligated to stick to it. Also I want to keep and improve my muscle tone. I completed my first workout today back to back level 2 & 3! I felt the burn!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing the 30DS every day (mostly) and running most days too. Though recently my schedule's been hectic so I haven't been able to run.

I'd consider getting up earlier and doing two levels of 30DS once I get past the first level, lol.
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hiiii...im carla and i started yesterday doing 30ds in the am and ripped in 30(which is exactly like 30 ds) in the pm..ppl think im crazy but i see im not alone...lol...double the work double the results.....
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I'm actually doing the 30DS every day (mostly) and running most days too. Though recently my schedule's been hectic so I haven't been able to run.

I'd consider getting up earlier and doing two levels of 30DS once I get past the first level, lol.

You can get in 2 levels just try it (maybe on the weekend when you have more time). You will be surprised that you can do it.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    hiiii...im carla and i started yesterday doing 30ds in the am and ripped in 30(which is exactly like 30 ds) in the pm..ppl think im crazy but i see im not alone...lol...double the work double the results.....

Carla that is great! It is somewhat similar still I have completed Ripped in 30 early this year. I do think you will be shredded and ripped with that combo!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I started doing double shred last week. Did level 2 and 3 yesterday. I think the last strength part of level 3 is the hardest for me. I'm aiming to do every rep on that part by the end of the year. Going to start ripped on 30 when its released in the uk 27.12.11
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My friend and I have been doing double shred since the beginning of the month. Well, sometimes we do 2 levels of 30ds and sometimes we do a level of 30ds and a level of ri30. That counts, right? lol I do it Sat, Mon and Wed and I also do half an hour on the treadmill afterward. Sun, Tues and Thurs, I do 90 minutes on the treadmill. Friday is my day off.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    My friend and I have been doing double shred since the beginning of the month. Well, sometimes we do 2 levels of 30ds and sometimes we do a level of 30ds and a level of ri30. That counts, right? lol I do it Sat, Mon and Wed and I also do half an hour on the treadmill afterward. Sun, Tues and Thurs, I do 90 minutes on the treadmill. Friday is my day off.

Fantastic Sabrina! I see I'm not the only one who was double shredding - I think we should get out there and motivate others while at the same time attaining our goals.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I started doing double shred last week. Did level 2 and 3 yesterday. I think the last strength part of level 3 is the hardest for me. I'm aiming to do every rep on that part by the end of the year. Going to start ripped on 30 when its released in the uk 27.12.11

Ripped in 30 is whole other beast in itself - I did complete it earlier this year I think it's just as great. I know they have it available on iTunes - not sure if you can download and play on your computer or phone.
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Carla that is great! It is somewhat similar still I have completed Ripped in 30 early this year. I do think you will be shredded and ripped with that combo!

I HOPE SO GIRL...I HAVE ABOUT 35-40 POUNDS TO LOSE AND TO BE INCHES IS MOST IMPORTANT AND I WANNA LOOK GOOD FOR XMAS BUT SOMETIMES IM JUST NOT THAT MOTIVATED BUT I GOTTA DO THIS : )
  • MissFuchsia
    Options

Ripped in 30 is whole other beast in itself - I did complete it earlier this year I think it's just as great. I know they have it available on iTunes - not sure if you can download and play on your computer or phone.

I'll probably wait for uk release anyway. By then I'll have been doing 30ds for 3 months so will be ready for a change. I will have a look at itunes though for some of her others. Never thought of looking on there
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    How are you feeling w/ the double shred workouts? I have been sore -> forearms, chest, biceps, triceps, obliques, glutes, thighs . . . after just 2 days of double workouts. I love the sore feeling which also means I haven't been working those muscles in a while.

I have one more double shred workout this week - how about you?
  • MissFuchsia
    Options
    I've done 2 double workouts this week. My shoulders and back are killing me. Only got time to do one level tomorrow but will start doubles again on monday
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Tried level 2 of Ripped in 30. Ugh. Those knee push-up things are brutal. And awkward.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I've done 2 double workouts this week. My shoulders and back are killing me. Only got time to do one level tomorrow but will start doubles again on monday

I managed to get in my 3rd double shredder workout today reluctantly! Glad I got it done. I'm still mildly sore but I had plenty of rest and looking forward to starting all over again this week! Great job!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Tried level 2 of Ripped in 30. Ugh. Those knee push-up things are brutal. And awkward.

Sabrina . . . . I REALLY DISLIKE LEVEL 2! of Ripped in 30 . . . more power to you. That workout I did hurt myself and was out for about 2-3 days to recover and JM is so hard on the knees. Great job in sticking to it.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kelsey and it's been awhile since I've done 30DS. Would it be okay if I do Level 1 in the morning and Level 1 in the evening to start? It's still double shredding! :happy:
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kelsey and it's been awhile since I've done 30DS. Would it be okay if I do Level 1 in the morning and Level 1 in the evening to start? It's still double shredding! :happy:

Absolutely . . . people sleep on level 1 but she gets some great arm muscle building exercises in there! I'm still integrating level 1 in the routine. I first started 30DS in 2009 but it seems to pop back up for a great quick workout. LETS GO!
  • MissFuchsia
    Options
    Done my first double shred for nearly a week this morning. Level 1 and 3. It was sooo hard! It makes a such a difference going back to it after a break, Will try to keep with it. Just ordered nmtz