Week 7

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! Finished Week 7 :) That was a killer last day :) Week 8 here I come!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    For you people thinking about half marathon, have you considered Bridge to 10K as a middle step? I've done it and would recommend...I graduated C25K in September and then did Bridge to 10K in 6 weeks or so. Just did my first 10 mile run the other day and thinking about a half in September!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    For you people thinking about half marathon, have you considered Bridge to 10K as a middle step? I've done it and would recommend...I graduated C25K in September and then did Bridge to 10K in 6 weeks or so. Just did my first 10 mile run the other day and thinking about a half in September!

I did consider the Bridge to 10K program but I have a limited time frame I'm working in.. I need to be able to do 10 miles up hill lol.. by the end of June for a Tough Mudder event.. so I decided I would just go for the 1/2 training. If I had more time I would definitely be doing the Bridge.
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well Week 8 is here already. Seriously never thought I would have made it this far. Today went fairly well, I didnt struggle near as bad as I did on Week 7 Day 2. The run today consisted of 5 min warm up 28 min run and finished with a 5 min cool down.
    @Eric....great job today you are doing awesome!!!!! Lets complete this 5K and do the bridge to 10K !!!! :)
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

That's awesome you just did a 10 mile run!

I looked at the Bridge to 10K but I didn't really like that it included walk breaks. Since getting to week 7 on the C25k I've realized that my runs go MUCH better when I just get in a groove and keep going!
    This is the half plan that I'm thinking about trying- http://www.halfmarathons.net/training_tips_schedule_beginner_runners.html Right now my (very tentative) plan is to finish out the C25k W7 and then jump ahead of W9. If that's too tough I'll drop back to W8, but W7 is going so well that I don't expect it to be a horrible jump. After I finish C25k I think I'll increase the number of days I run until I can spend a few weeks (or a month?) doing five 3-mile runs each week before I start the half training program. Right now I'm certainly not scheduling a half, but I'd like to have something else to start working towards!
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I know what you mean about the walk breaks...they are only a minute long though and they do lessen as you go on. I think in my case I was so new to running that I definitely wanted the support of a programme to get me to 10K.
    The half plan looks good, also lots of people have recommended Hal Higdon's plans if you haven't seen them.
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    Just did W7D1 and it went so much better than W6D3. I managed to keep a steady pace all the way through and even did a sprint the last minute. And I wasn't exhausted after :-) I messed up my schedule a bit though because I was supposed to run yesterday and ended up taking a 3 hour nap instead. Woops! :-P

After I complete the programme, I'm going to start working on speed. I'm nowhere near a 5k in 30 min at the moment...
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done!! I really like doing these longer runs without stopping especially once I get into a pattern & my breathing is controlled !! Ready for D2 on Sunday :)
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    completed w7d1 today and i was very comfortable the whole jog. would love to eventually run longer distances. 25 minutes right now gets me 1.8 miles. i'm a sloooooow jogger.
  • flabulous4
    Options
    completed w7d1 today and i was very comfortable the whole jog. would love to eventually run longer distances. 25 minutes right now gets me 1.8 miles. i'm a sloooooow jogger.

You might find a longer distance better for you - it takes me ages to get into a run so if I do 5K the first mile is sloooow and I'm just picking up at the end, whereas if I run 10K my performance over the whole run averages out as better.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 yesterday and I found it tough (tougher than the last 25 mins run in Week 6, how weird).
    I do 4km in the 25 mins, I was hoping it would be a bit closer to the 5k, but ah well, there's still a good few weeks left I suppose.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That post was 2 days ago. Today it was the opposite, loved-loved-loved the run. In fact, I ran my first non-stop 30 minutes, yaayaaaayyyy! I ran 4.5km, average speed 9km/h. Pretty pleased!! :bigsmile:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 weeks but I finally finished week 7! Last night was my best run yet! I did over 2 miles of straight jogging in the 25 minute period (I've never done 2 miles before EVER). Afterward I still had energy and did another 1.25 walking! I'm actually excited to start week 8!
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    just finished w7d3- what a trip that was.. i wasnt expecting the addition of 5 mins to my run time would be so difficult lol. the last 3-4 minutes was a huge mental struggle for me. i literally had to repeat in my head " you wont die, just keep going" ahahah

when all was said and done I got the 5k done in the 35 mins ( including the warm up and cool down), feeling great about starting week 8
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Done run 1 tonight. It's nice to have a bit of a flat line again as week 7 is the same as the final run of week 6, and it was nice today just to cement the brilliant feeling of running the whole 25 mins none stop. I think the rest of the programme is going to be much easier, mentally at least as all the scary runs are over with now. Week 8 is only an extra 3 minutes of running and week 9 only another 2 mins on top of week 8.

I'm really proud of myself and anyone else who has got to this stage should be too. Looking forward to entering my first proper 5K run soon :)

Congrats to each and everyone on here!! Well done you :)
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Week 7 on Monday and I thought I'd give a look here to see what to expect.
    I'm glad I did. Y'all are very inspiring!!! Thanks to everyone who posted!
  • gersoco
    Options
    Ooops... Did my first Week 7 run today. I started tiring after the second mile at least until I got this awesome burst of motivation from a coyote that was less than 20 feet from me...
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    You guys are doing so great! Great inspriration for myself, as week 4 is killing me :grumble: . But I shall prevail and one day join you awesome people who have made it to week 7! Thanks for the updates, I love reading them :flowerforyou: . That is very cool (I think?) about the coyote. I'm doing it on the treadmill so far, but have visions of someday gliding along beautiful trails in the mountains around here...yeah..it'll be awhile LOL.

Keep up the good work, you're all rockstars!
  • gersoco
    Options
    Woot! I just did Day 2. I ran the 2.5 miles at about a 9:30 min/mile pace. In the back of my mind was the fact that it was getting dark here in Boulder and I didn't want a run in with the local wild animal population. Again. I plan for my next run to take place in the bright light of the day. :-)
  • Kadidio
    Kadidio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1! I am not going fast, about a 13 minute mile, but I am running :smile: I never thought I'd be able to run 25 minutes straight! Very happy today.