5 small meals a day?

Options
So ive been losing weight for a while but im finding it harder to lose weight as im getting nearer to my goal. i heard that eating 5 small meals a day helps but i dont get hungry that often. do you guys think that its better to do less meals or more? also, what would you consider a small meal?

Replies

• yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You might not be getting hungry that often because you haven't tried smaller portions yet? A small meal would be roughly 250kcals as opposed to 400 - 600kcals so around half a portion
  • ndarwin
    Options
    I had that same problem so I started to do the smaller portions every couple of hours and it has helped me push past my plateau. Like the other posts states 200-300 calorie portions is the best way to do it. I do like coffee and yogurt for breakfast...and then every couple of hours have something like10 oz of soup....then a salad or sandwhich a small snack of apple and peanut butter...then do another small snack and a medium sized dinner...and I am satisfied throughout the day...and start to get hungry right on time...took a week or so but definately helped!