11/15 Mini Challenge

newarkco05
newarkco05 Posts: 240
edited 5:45AM in Social Groups
Extra steps!

During commercials, stand up and walk or jog in place! Even if you don't watch TV, you can still do this while waiting for food to cook or talking on the phone!

Aim for an extra 15 minutes in walking today!

Replies

• I am def on board - going to do a 15min walk during lunch around the office block. Fresh air is always motivating:ohwell:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Just downloaded virtua gym on my android. Had it once before but didn't use it. I'd like to hear how y'all like it.
  • Just downloaded virtua gym on my android. Had it once before but didn't use it. I'd like to hear how y'all like it.

I love it! Mostly because I wanted a more back to basics type app. Everything I have found so far that refers to exercise it more along the lines of the Beachbody workouts and I wanted to find something that 1) Was free, or a small charge and 2) Showed me how to do the exercises.
  • Sherryjane
    Sherryjane Posts: 7 Member
    Just downloaded the VirtuaGym and hope this and this group can keep me focused and motivated. I have been looking for someone to be a partner...hard to stay motivated alone.
  • Just downloaded the VirtuaGym and hope this and this group can keep me focused and motivated. I have been looking for someone to be a partner...hard to stay motivated alone.

Welcome to the group! Same here... I really needed a plan to keep me going and I stumbled across VirtuaGym and love it! I though it would be great to get together a few people and we can all do it together! One day at a time..
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Well I didn't get up and walk during commercials today but I spent over an hour walking through the grocery store! Does that count? =)
  • Well I didn't get up and walk during commercials today but I spent over an hour walking through the grocery store! Does that count? =)

Of course it does! All those extra steps add up. I was amazed how many calories we burn doing those kind of things, and I was even more amazed how many calories I would eat after because I deserved a treat!
This discussion has been closed.