Challenges....

Options

Replies

• chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    LOL...Starch is the devil when it comes to weight loss for me. I am still trying to get back to my new normal from Christmas and I am failing terribly. I just keep gaining weight. This week is another week for another shake-up to see if something else works.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The thing is small chocolates are probably better than a slice of Hardo bread, in fact a Hardo bread sandwich is really a big meal!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I know, I really try NOT to keep in in the home as I just can't resist! My husband buys it every now and then. But really, when It's in the house, I can eat that and nothing else all day..... Especially if I have some anchor butter to go with it.....
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I got into a habit of only eating it on Sundays when I go to visit my father, but he's still in Jamaica So so far so good, 1 month without it! Did have 4 boiled dumplings this week, but only ate one and saved the other 3 to fry for breakfast, that was my treat this week!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    LOL...TonyStark30 that's so Jamaican...lol. I did the same thing 3 weeks ago where I boiled dumplings just so I could have it to fry the next day. I have good memories of having those from childhood.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    you guys are bringing back so many memories. i use to love fried overnight boil dumpling. not to mention fried overnight boil yellow yam. nice man! haven't had these things in years
  • sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Options
    Night time eating is a challenge.. I am moving away from the breads. Happy to say the cravings are minimized. Cheeses are very tempting too. Trying to remove wheat and dairy from my diet.. one...st..ep at a time
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i have started baking cakes recently and i think i am in for a disaster! Help!
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I started off Last week with cake, and have done the same this week. I have a really good week last week I don't know if it was the Cake guilt that got me through the rest of the week so cleanly!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Maybe this is all in my head but I swear the more I exercise is the more of an appetite I have so I end up eating more and not always the best choice. I think I sometimes have the mentality whereby I believe that because I am exercising I can eat anything I want!

I have not baked a cake in almost 4 months but I seem to always be getting cakes at the bakery:ohwell:
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Plan in your cake!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    :laugh: i try and do that yes but paranoid my estimate is always wrong
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    No estimation I've got to the point where if I can't judge how much calories in that kind of cake I don't eat it lol.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, good for you.
    sometimes i buy the ones in supermarket which has the nutritional value or i bake my own and work it out but sometimes going to the bakery is just oh so more convenient.
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Ate so badly yesterday I will finish logging it this evening lol. Plus side is I look better for it!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol
    i gained this week. will have to weigh again tomorrow to see if i get the same result as today, i have a feeling the scale playing tricks with me
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    It was a bad day but because of me working all night, I couldn't go gym, so frustrations got taken out by food!

Strange thing is i'm still just under my calorie target for the week, so hopefully when I weigh Monday I will be down for the week.

Just checked and i'm only 0.2 pounds over Mondays weight as it is.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    weighed again this morning and whilst i was still up a few ounce from last week, i was 2 lbs less than i weight yesterday! i know that darn scale was playing tricks
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I'm not logging, too much cake deh bout!
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I was doing ok today, then at about 10.45 the boss came out with a white frosted Costco Celebration cake!