Daily Check In November 15 2011

Options
PedmomJill
PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
Good morning Cathletes!

I did really well last night-just 2 small drinks and didn't eat the free pizza! (I was out at a local bar to watch the Packer game). I was rewarded by being .5 down this morning, which was a happy surprise because although I didn't drink much alcohol, I usually retain a bit the next day or two.

On my schedule today is............Afterburn. A toughie in my opinion!

On another good note, my left foot was only a little bit sore when I first got up, after my long treadmill walk/jog yesterday. And now it's fine already. Hopefully if I don't do it every day I can keep that PF pain at bay.

Have a great day! What are you doing to be fit today??
Jill

Replies

• steph_arena
    Options
    Holy moly...Great will power on the pîzza avoidance! once I have a drink...welll....I inhale everything! Thats why I only drink maybe 2x a year..
    Today I have sts disc #13 on tap...did the chest portion before work and have the shoulders and bis to do during my spare class!

Glad your foot is better
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!

Today I'll be doing chest w/Steph (only I'm on disc 16 :wink: ) This will be a double take on the one that gave me insane DOMS last week, so wish me luck :tongue:

Jill: Glad your foot is cooperating so far today. Congrats on the will power last night :drinker: , I'm a sucker for the pizza.... :embarassed:

Danamae: Hope you get time to start your new month of insanity started today. How's the knee?

Stormy: How long is your Chalene ext/turbofire rotation for? Have you decided, or are you shooting for certain results vs amt of time?

Helene: I'm the opposite, although I always say that I love STS because I could always do the workouts separately, I can never bring myself to do it, lol. IDK why? I guess because that is my time to explore all of the other zillion wo's I have, and release any current prisoners for good behavior (although it does seem like some have been sentenced to life :huh: ) I do need to make myself do it once in a while, though...at least Plyo Legs...

Jenn: thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and bookmarked the web page on my phone, it'll come in handy when I can't get to the PC that's for sure. At the very least it allows me to read everyone's posts....

Laurie: I have Supreme 90, but have yet to do a rotation, I've only done a couple of the workouts. I purchased it last year, but then injured my Achilles and couldn't do any of the cardio. So I just played around w/the weight work until it was time for STS. I'm thinking I'll do a round of it after STS, though, since I'll be in the mood for more circuit/cardio work by then (as spring rolls around, gotta take the fat burning to the next level, lol). Is this your first S90 rotation? If not, how have your results been in previous rounds?

Enjoy your day, ladies!

~Kiki
  • helened
    Options
    Morning,

Jill: Love your power to say no. I could never resist free pizza! But you sure were rewarded by your scale this morning. So glad to hear the foot is not so bad this morning.

Kiki: I should have know you would be a squat rack kind of girl. Yes, Plyo legs is great too. Looking forward to see how your chest holds out this time around. You have a way with words so make sure you share if it gets interesting. :tongue:

Steph: Enjoy your workout today with Kiki. Hope your DOMS aren't as crazy as hers.

Stormy: Very curious about how you like that rotation. I have been thinking of doing it. I have both TF and CLX. I enjoyed CLX and did the whole rotation. I got a little sick of TF though I am enjoying doing individual workouts here and there.

Not sure what I will do yet today though I am inclined to do a JillianM workout to change it up a bit.

Have a great day everyone!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Well I did Low Max Premix #1, and I'm either going to have to do step workouts non-step or give up step workouts. :frown: My knee is sore, and it seems that this happens after I do anything on the step. I can do tabata, Insanity, Hiit and my knee doesn't bother me. I'm going to try doing one without the step, but if it is the torquing that is causing this, then I'm going to be getting rid of my step DVD's. :sad:

Jill, WTG on the party! Great win the Pack had also. :wink:

Steph, Nice on splitting the workout.

Kiki, I had fairly good results with the S90 rotation. By the end I had loose pants, and a smaller waist. I enjoyed all the workouts in the set, but the warm-up started to get to me. :wink:

Helen, I like to mix in Jillian workouts also.

Have a good one!
    Laurie
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well, after doing Afterburn for the second time today, I have to say I think it's the hardest dvd workout I own. The calorie burn was incredible for a dvd. Hopefully it won't give me a sore glute (aka pain in the *kitten* lol) like the first time. I'm loving this series. I can't believe how high my heart rate gets without any high impact.

Steph, that's precisely the reason I didn't want to drink too much. All resolve just goes out the window. How was your STS workout?

Kiki,yeah, pizza is hard to resist for me, too.I think I could eat a different kind of pizza every night and be perfectly happy lol. Good luck on not having such bad DOMS from your chest workout today.

Helene, I'm sorry to hear about your back. I've had back trouble for about 15 years, since I fell off a fireplace hearth while painting. Ugh. All it takes is a sneeze or a turn the wrong way and I can be in bed for 2 days. I hope it gets better soon. I know how hard it is to take unplanned rest days. That's why I don't really plan ahead for any; they kind of come up and bite you in the *kitten* when you're not expecting them.

Laurie, that is a bummer about your knee. Do you mean you're going to try doing one without risers, or you're going to just do the moves on the floor with no step? I'll be curious to see the results you get from a workout like that. Let me know if you decided to sell any of the dvds-I may be interested. I'm not letting my Low Impact Challenge struggles put me off step completely.

Speaking of LIC, that is on my rotation for tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I'm not sure yet if I'll muster up the courage to try it again or if I'll do a different Cathe step workout, or just do a treadmill/elliptical combo. My 45 year old body is feeling the effects of burning over 500 calories 2 days in a row. I think I'll be asleep early tonight!
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm on my second month of Insanity, I did Max Plyo. I wasn't in the mood but manage to make it through.

Proverbs31: My knee is about the same. I try to modify some of the moves that irritate it. I saw a physical therapist yesterday and he said I should rest it awhile and maybe get my cardio via eliptical, only thing is, I can't make it to the gym long enough to get a good workout in. For some reason I feel like I fail myself if I don't follow through with the workout (stupid I know) I don't know why I put so much pressure on myself.
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It looks like I need to purchase Afterburn.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yes, girl! Get it. It's an awesome low impact wo. You feel it EVERYWHERE, lol