Progress!

Options
agthorn
agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
Hi Gals - I posted a blog entry with my progress over the past 6 months (including 7 weeks of NROLW stage 1): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/agthorn/view/6-months-on-mfp-169606 :smile:

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great progress! Very, very soon you will be breaking the 100lbs for the squat and deads!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    On most people a 12 pound difference won't really show but WOW! you look incredible. Keep up the good work. Your body looks lean and compact. I hope my transformation is as good as yours. Congratulations!

Can I ask where you're at with the program? I am entering Stage 2 in two weeks' time.
  • agthorn
    Options
    Thanks cbear (I just got back from vacation so I'm only just now seeing your comment). I have a small frame so a 12 pound difference really does show on me (and when I was 20 pounds heavier than I am now, it was *really* obvious). I've technically completed stage 1 but I am sticking with it for a few more weeks (at the 3 sets of 8 level) because I didn't want to be switching things up right before the holidays. I'll move to stage 2 in January.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,979 Member
    Options
    agthorn, I just read this post, today. But, am I EVER glad that I did! You look FABULOUS! Do you credit your progress to the "yoga", though??

(I gave up bikram hot yoga to do strength-training....I do NOT have time to do both.)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    wooo!!! kick butt girl! you look great and best of all, you look strong too!
  • agthorn
    Options
    Beeps - I do think it helped. I just got a better HRM (Polar) and wore it to yoga class last night. My average heart rate was right smack in the "fat-burning zone" (about 60-65% of my max) and the data said 44% of my calorie burn came from fat (compared to say, when I run, and my calories from fat number is more like 10-15%). So I'd say it was the combination of lifting heavy to build and define muscle, running for cardio, and yoga for fat burn (and my mental health!)

kelsey - thanks!
  • kelseyhere
    Options
    I just got a Polar HRM also, and I'm curious, what kind of yoga are you doing? I wore mine to yoga and my heart rate wasn't even near the "zone." Even during the NRol4W workouts I'm still not in the "fat burning zone." I have to mix in intervals of high knees and jumping jacks on my rest to keep my heart rate above 127. Also, have you figured out how to make your HRM silent? I like that it beeps to remind me of my HRM, but during yoga I'd rather it just stay quiet.

I do really like the HRM though and find it helpful to challenge myself.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Woah! Awesome. Ag, my shape looks like your before pic, so I'm quite excited to move toward the after!!:laugh:

Congrats to you!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!
  • agthorn
    Options
    I just got a Polar HRM also, and I'm curious, what kind of yoga are you doing? I wore mine to yoga and my heart rate wasn't even near the "zone." Even during the NRol4W workouts I'm still not in the "fat burning zone." I have to mix in intervals of high knees and jumping jacks on my rest to keep my heart rate above 127. Also, have you figured out how to make your HRM silent? I like that it beeps to remind me of my HRM, but during yoga I'd rather it just stay quiet.

I do really like the HRM though and find it helpful to challenge myself.
    The class I wore it to last night was an ashtanga class. My average HR was 59% of max (112bpm) and my peak was 78% of max (148bpm). I didn't start it until after the opening meditation and I stopped recording before savasana, because I knew that would throw off the average otherwise. I haven't worn it during a lifting session yet.

I did turn off the beeps. I think it's under training settings?

Thanks, grapenut and Jenn!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    agthorn, where are you at (what stage?) in the NROL4W program?
  • agthorn
    Options
    Beeps - I did an extended stage 1 (really wanted to break 100lbs on squats and deadlifts!) and just started stage 2 yesterday.
  • kelseyhere
    Options
    Thanks agthorn, I'm going to try and figure out how to turn off the beeping and wear it to yoga later this week and see what happens.

It sounds like you found a good, challenging class though! 148 is an excellent heart rate for yoga.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Awesome to do 100 lbs on squats and deadlifts. You ARE strong!