NSV's

Options
xoxMandyxox
xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
NSV are "non-scale victorys". Maybe you went down a pants size or two. Perhaps you went for a 5 mile walk and didn't feel like dying at the end of it. Or maybe you finally tried a new healthy food that you swore up and down you would hate (but now love).

These, and any other little successes that aren't determined by the number on the scale, are NSVs.

Share yours!

Replies

• mrswiley07
    mrswiley07 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    NSV #1, I purchased a Pant Suit for work in a Size 14. When I started this journey, my pant suits were 26W.
    NSV #2, My hubby can pick me up and carry me around without a strain.
    NSV #3, I can out run my 2 year old (lol).
    NSV #4, I'm an inspiration to people. That still is taking some getting use to, but my journey has motivated family and friends to get healthy.
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    Those are excellent NSVs!!! Hope to read some more someday soon :wink:
  • laumar3012
    Options
    The best NSV i have had was when my boyfriend went to give me a hug and put his arms around my waist he said to me that he could tell i am loosing weight! WooHOO!
  • alirae75
    Options
    I had my first NSV this past weekend! I didn't want to buy new pants until I felt like I had really accomplished something. In August I was in a tight size 12 (really size 14). My pants couldn't stay up. I had found some 10s in my closet from years ago. As we were getting our family picture taken I wanted some that were more in with today's fashion. As I was trying them on, the size 10s were TOO BIG! I walked out with size 8 pants. Very excited to see some progress.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    my NSV today was that for breakfast i had an apple and a coffee and did not fee like anything else usually i have 4 slices of toast with butter and coffee and still hungry after :happy:
  • lilgemae
    Options
    Hi ladies!

A great NSV for me came last night at the gym. Made it through 1 hour and 10 minutes of spin class (well really it was one class and then the spin portion of triathalon training but still 70 minutes!!). I followed this up with a 3 minute plank :) Pretty darn proud of myself!
  • dawgette4life
    Options
    My greatest NSV to date is I gave up soda (diet and regular) over 8 weeks ago and it doesn't bother me at all.
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    NSV - Sweat pants are getting droopy :smile: Time to use the ones with drawstrings only if I don't want to pull my pants up constantly throughout the day :laugh:
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    NSv#1 I did 53min on an elliptical today, burned 550 calories, and felt great. This is a big deal for me because I am a mom of 3 and checked my kids into the gym daycare and took my hour! For now that is it.
  • charlotte66
    Options
    NSv#1 I did 53min on an elliptical today, burned 550 calories, and felt great. This is a big deal for me because I am a mom of 3 and checked my kids into the gym daycare and took my hour! For now that is it.

omg thats great welldone! i can only manage 12mins so far first time i did it i only managed 5mins :laugh:
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

omg thats great welldone! i can only manage 12mins so far first time i did it i only managed 5mins :laugh:

Thank you! I did 60min today and burned 660 calories, great way to wake up and burn it, now I have to take one of my children to the dentist!!! Keep at it you will do longer I promise. Yesterday was my first day and at first it hurt, but then it stopped and was not such a bother, today it didn't hurt!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies. My most recent NSV would have to be that I can actually were my husbands boxers again. Just a last year, I couldn't even put one leg in his boxers. He is a size 32/34. So I felt feminine slim. But, I have a ways to go, still.
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My NSV--I jogged for the first time tonight. It was not my legs that gave out- it was my lungs. I think I'll try to go a little further every day until I figure out where my legs give out. lol

MSV #2 I did not stuff my face with bad foods (in anger) when the Mister made me mad.
  • charlotte66
    Options
    NSV for me was yesterday while at the partners parents house i sat down and the first thing his mum said was "you have lost weight this week i can tell by your face" yay!!!! :happy:
  • dlmadeja
    dlmadeja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    NSV #1 to actually run and complete a half marathon (13.1 miles!)
    NSV #2 To be able to look at recent pictures of myself and not say "I look so fat"
    NSV #3 To go into a store like Charlotte Russe and wear their pants!

I have actually done a NSV yesterday and that was work out for 2 weeks straight!! Can't wait to knock out these other goals!
  • Ravens_Mom
    Ravens_Mom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My NSV: Being able to eat a handful of raw almonds for a snack and not want anything else.

I used to go to our vending machines at work and get candy bars or snack cakes or chips, and of course when people start out and hear "handful of nuts" they can't imagine how they could ever be satisfied with that. I was always one of those people, but I'm happy to say that now I am proud of myself for eating my almonds and not something unhealthy.
  • charlotte66
    Options
    ok so today was the day i decided to bite the bullet and go for it............

i tryed on my pre pregnancy jeans and they fit!!!! omg they fit!!! ok a lil bit of a muffin top but last week i could hardly get them over my bum yay!!!!!
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    NSVs--- baggy pants and being able to do 5 normal pushups not on my knees anymore!! :)
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a vast array of jeans sizes in my closet (14-24) and I forgot about a brand new pair of jeans that never fit! And when I dug them out yesterday they were totally way too big! yeaaaaaaaaaa, even tho now I have brand new jeans that will NEVER FIT AGAIN! (I swear)

<3<3<3
  • kckris
    kckris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My NSV was when my treadmill quit working yesterday I still got my walk in! I trekked around the parking lot at work with my phone GPS to log my miles!