midwinter trip

Options
So I live on the Wet coast; near Seattle to be exact. A friend and I were thinking of getting away from the rain for a couple of days, but we need some suggestions. We have 5 days off and want to drive south and camp/hike. We have dogs. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas about where to go within about 18 hours steady driving from here that has brilliant views, great camping and amazing hiking in February?
We are thinking Moab maybe, but are totally open to suggestions. Thanks all!

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how long of a drive it is but Zion is absolutely gorgeous.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    thanks! That's the area we were thinking of - it's about 18 hours straight through which is long, but I think that's about as close as we can get to home and still get away from the rain.
  • nationalparklover
    nationalparklover Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I first saw your post, my first thought was Moab. It is such an amazing place with so many great hikes and you've got Canyonlands and Arches right there. I'm jealous...I wish I lived out west...there are so many cool places to hike out west.
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    With dogs, the area around Moab will give them more room for them to roam. :) At Zion, you're kinda just stuck in the canyon unless you're willing to drive a bit to the other parks in the area.