What part of Charlotte?

Options

Replies

• 4afitCarey
    Options
    I am in east Charlotte, near 485 and Harrisburg Rd. It's kind of in between Mint Hill and Harrisburg. I love my house and my development because it is a much more mature development (over 50 years old) than most places in Charlotte. However, my side of town is severely lacking in restaurants and shopping. One of these days in the future (I think 2014) development on a new hospital at 485 and Albemarle Rd is supposed to start so I hoping that will bring a little more life to the area.

I work uptown as well, in the new Duke Energy Center.

I also live off of that exit! There is nothing over here! I go to Harrisburg for Mexican and Mint Hill for Italian and Sushi.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm in Stallings.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hi Im in Monroe not too far from charlotte, but I have to say I will not go there unless it is absolutley necessary! Too much traffic!
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am in east Charlotte, near 485 and Harrisburg Rd. It's kind of in between Mint Hill and Harrisburg. I love my house and my development because it is a much more mature development (over 50 years old) than most places in Charlotte. However, my side of town is severely lacking in restaurants and shopping. One of these days in the future (I think 2014) development on a new hospital at 485 and Albemarle Rd is supposed to start so I hoping that will bring a little more life to the area.

I work uptown as well, in the new Duke Energy Center.

I live close to hear right off of albermarle/lawyers . Yes, the hospital coming will bring a starbucks and restaraunt around here minus what used to be Bogeys which was gross. Though there is a pretty great vegetarian place right near us. I own a music magazine so I love to hang out in the mid-hood (Plaza Midwood) just great for artists as well as NODA but I am found uptown a lot depending on what thing I'm covering or what photo assignment I have for other places I work for. We have a business on Atando as well (in the household it's my guys) and while I wish we never had to go there ... EVER it's nice to get out of this little spot of town sometimes.
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've debated on whether to move to Cabarrus county....but I donno, I don't care for Concord. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I know this is a pretty delayed response, but know there are many great options in Cabarrus Co other than Concord. We live on the Cabarrus Co. side of Highland Creek and it's great here. Skybrook, Winding Walk, etc. We're zoned for Cox Mill Elem.
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Just joined the group. I live in the northern part of Charlotte near Huntersville (Eastfield Rd area) and I work in South Charlotte. I'm a native Charlottean so I feel like one of the last of the Mohicans! I rarely meet someone new thats actually FROM Charlotte. I look forward to chatting and sharing with y'all!
  • lab31
    lab31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in University. It's okay for now, but would like to be somewhere else by the time my kid goes to school.
  • Librarienne
    Options
    I live in Fort Mill, but work in Charlotte, near the airport. I just joined the Springs Recreation Center to try to get some exercise. I like to think of myself as outdoorsy, but it's very easy to use "It's too hot," or "It's too cold," as an excuse not to get moving, so having a pool and a gym that are climate controlled will remove that barrier, I hope.
  • CurvyMama87
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Roxanne andI just joined this group. I live in Cornelius NC. I used to work uptown so I know what you mean about the traffic. I am hoping to lose around 30 pounds by June 2012. Let me know if you ever need a workout buddy ;)
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I live in Ballantyne. Work is only a 10 minute drive away in South Charlotte and I don't have to deal with the traffic so life is good. :-)

I live in Ballantyne also! I am what they call and independent contractor...right now it is all I can do because I homeschool our 13 year old..but he goes back to school in August when he starts High School.
  • dmplz123
    dmplz123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am here with you :bigsmile: Native Charlottean. born & raised!
    Hello,

Just joined the group. I live in the northern part of Charlotte near Huntersville (Eastfield Rd area) and I work in South Charlotte. I'm a native Charlottean so I feel like one of the last of the Mohicans! I rarely meet someone new thats actually FROM Charlotte. I look forward to chatting and sharing with y'all!
  • dmplz123
    dmplz123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am currently near the Derita/North Lake area. Native of Charlotte, raised on the east side where I still work. I have my eyes on the outskirts now to get away from these hiked up taxes in Meck. Co.
    Outside of that I am stoked to have a group of my QC peeps supporting one another in our journey to health. We can give one another ideas for local healthy eating (that's yummy) and exercise spots/activities.
    Looking forward to it.
  • amyallenstockwell
    amyallenstockwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I live on the Charlotte side of Matthews. Only about 10 miles from uptown. Being on this side commute isn't bad unless there is an accident.. We love the Town of Matthews. I feel like we have the best of both. Small town family friendly feel of Matthews, but benefits of larger city. Moved to Charlotte from Raleigh in 2000. Live in Plaza Midwood (near uptown) for 6 years before moving to Matthews.That was the life before kids. We enjoyed that neighborhood as well. Loved the charming older homes and the beautiful trees. Enjoyed walking more there. But when you have kids, it isn't about you anymore.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi. New here! I live in Concord fairly close to the Fair grounds.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've debated on whether to move to Cabarrus county....but I donno, I don't care for Concord. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I know this is a pretty delayed response, but know there are many great options in Cabarrus Co other than Concord. We live on the Cabarrus Co. side of Highland Creek and it's great here. Skybrook, Winding Walk, etc. We're zoned for Cox Mill Elem.

We're in that same area, but still in Charlotte. I'd like to move into the Cabarrus Co. side of Highland Creek, it's not far and definitely superior to Mecklenburg Co.
  • sandyslm
    sandyslm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm right near you, right by the firestation on Harrisburg road. Maybe we meet up and walk together.

Sandy
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't really live close to most of you other Charlotteans, but since they don't have a group for "Po dunk, NC", this is the closest I could find ;)

I live in the Salisbury (north of Concord) area, but drive into South Park every day for work (about 1h15mins on a good day). Obviously, I struggle with finding the time for gym between work, commute and family. I've been a member here for a while, but just starting back after a small move and change of job. Hadn't found this group earlier, and happy to see it here now!

Feel free to friend me if you want some local encouragement!

Additionally, I'm running the Warrior Dash in May (already seen it mentioned here once or twice) - would love to know a few other locals that would be doing it as well...
  • jovankw
    jovankw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in SW—Steele Creek.
  • MyLoss2012
    MyLoss2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in Cramerton and fortunate enough to go Belmont schools which I have been very pleased with.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my husband just took a job in Huntersville so we will be moving to the area in a few weeks. Will be flying out (currently in Nebraska) soon to find a house. Looking to be outside of things more in in Mooresville. We have 4 children, a sophomore, 8th grader, 5 yr. old who will start Kindergarten in the fall and a 3 yr old. Any input into the area is greatly appreciated!

Holly