What part of Charlotte?

Options

Replies

• blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my husband just took a job in Huntersville so we will be moving to the area in a few weeks. Will be flying out (currently in Nebraska) soon to find a house. Looking to be outside of things more in in Mooresville. We have 4 children, a sophomore, 8th grader, 5 yr. old who will start Kindergarten in the fall and a 3 yr old. Any input into the area is greatly appreciated!

Holly

I'm not that familiar with Huntersville/Mooresville as I live in Concord fairly close to Harrisburg. Welcome to NC (when you get here!).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't really live close to most of you other Charlotteans, but since they don't have a group for "Po dunk, NC", this is the closest I could find ;)

I live in the Salisbury (north of Concord) area, but drive into South Park every day for work (about 1h15mins on a good day). Obviously, I struggle with finding the time for gym between work, commute and family. I've been a member here for a while, but just starting back after a small move and change of job. Hadn't found this group earlier, and happy to see it here now!

Feel free to friend me if you want some local encouragement!

Additionally, I'm running the Warrior Dash in May (already seen it mentioned here once or twice) - would love to know a few other locals that would be doing it as well...

Just signed up for the Dash on the 19th. Have you joined the obstacle group on here yet? FR sent!
  • TammyG39
    TammyG39 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi all... newbie here. I am in SW area, morbidly obese and looking for a local walking buddy (gym or outside on occassions), friend, and accountability partner. Feel free to add me.
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't really live close to most of you other Charlotteans, but since they don't have a group for "Po dunk, NC", this is the closest I could find ;)

I live in the Salisbury (north of Concord) area, but drive into South Park every day for work (about 1h15mins on a good day). Obviously, I struggle with finding the time for gym between work, commute and family. I've been a member here for a while, but just starting back after a small move and change of job. Hadn't found this group earlier, and happy to see it here now!

Feel free to friend me if you want some local encouragement!

Additionally, I'm running the Warrior Dash in May (already seen it mentioned here once or twice) - would love to know a few other locals that would be doing it as well...

Mint Hill here. And Brad - - I'm debating the Warrior Dash.... :)
  • Chiquitaboric7
    Chiquitaboric7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. I have been moving back and forth between south Charlotte by the Pineville-Matthews area and Rock Hill, SC. I work uptownish. I prefer living in Rock Hill but going out and working in Charlotte. I moved here from CT 2 years ago.
  • ciordia9
    ciordia9 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm north of 51/Providence. Amazing to see the amount of people on the outskirts of the city, represent. :)
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I live in Harrisburg, and I work in S Charlotte, almost in SC.
  • NiaSaga
    NiaSaga Posts: 4
    Options
    I recently moved to charlotte with my mom to live with my brother. I believe we are in the Nevin's area?? I know that we are off Statesville Rd and Nevins Rd... so I assume thats how u'd say where we live... Charlotte confuses me daily.
    We moved here from Asheville and I miss my mountains and trails. (and Snow)
  • sherayoliver
    sherayoliver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Steel Creek. I love it!
  • sherayoliver
    sherayoliver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in SW—Steele Creek.

Me too! Luv it.
  • leigh302
    leigh302 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I live in Charlotte near 51. The aboretum area.
  • QueenTakiyah
    QueenTakiyah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new to MFP!

I live in the the University area about 15 minutes from the campus -- I am a professor at UNC Charlotte. I am in the Highland Creek area.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new to MFP!

I live in the the University area about 15 minutes from the campus -- I am a professor at UNC Charlotte. I am in the Highland Creek area.

My daughter goes to UNC what do you teach?
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    Just moved to Monroe, NC! Looking for some new Carolina MFP buddies :)
  • jt_clapper
    jt_clapper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live up the road in concord, nc... Been looking to make a network of friends that would make a good local support group for exercise..
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I live in Huntersville and have the wonderful pleasure of traveling I77 to my office in South Park. Now if only there was a way to get a full bodied workout while commuting...hmmm
  • jeremypollard
    Options
    Hey - I am just starting with myfitnesspal (signed up a long time ago but never used it). I live in Matthews.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and currently live on Long Island, but we have our house for sale and moving to NC sometime by the end of the year! I knew it was time for me to try and get back in shape NOW, as I know the stress of selling a house - buying a house and moving was going to just make me put MORE weight on (I am not one of those people who lose weight when stressed, I turn to comfort food!!!)

I hope its ok to join this group, even though I am currently a New Yorker. I am excited about our move to NC....it cannot come fast enough!

We have been back and forth between Charlotte area and Raleigh - but I think we are leaning heavily towards Charlotte right now....anyone have any thoughts/comparisons on the two areas?? I wish I could rent first, but thats pretty tough because we have big dogs (Newfs - German Shepherds) and 3 cats....and I REALLY would not want to think about having to move twice!!! I want to find a nice country setting - room for the dogs, and even considering finding a place where I can have a horse again.....that is something that is helping me push getting into shape again!

~Kathy
  • aclowe01
    aclowe01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been on MFP for about 3 months and I live in North Charlotte near the new 77/485 interchange. Messy around here now but it will get better in a couple of yrs. I hope!
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    @Kathy_Welcome. I am another fellow Long Islander who lives in Charlotte. Great place to be, great people and the NY errs are nicer if you can believe that! lol