Do Your Best ... and Forget the Rest!

Options
KarenBorter
KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
I think this is going to be our "mantra" for the first phase of this program.

I remember the first month of P90X and how hard it was ... dive bomber push up? Are you KIDDING ME? Corn Cob pull ups? NO WAY! Now I look back on those memories with a fondness. I was challenged and was up for the challenge. I am excited for P90X2 because I know that I will overcome the hurdles this program was designed to put in our way.

I ordered the Deluxe package and checked to make sure Elaine was my BB coach (yay! She is) and I can't wait to have to try to figure out where I am going to store the gear that's coming with it.

Question: Any of you have a good (inexpensive) line on plyo blocks?

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I had to look up plyo blocks. I've never heard of them before. i'll have to research them more.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Not sure that's the "technical" name for them but I think it is. I was looking on amazon. I would probably only get the shortest one as I have low ceilings in my apartment hahaha
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I may actually wait tho on those ... they are a tad expensive for what they are. I may be able to get one of my friends to make a block for me.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what those are either but I should probably look into it if they are needed for P90X2 huh!

I am looking forward to it! I won't finish this round of X until mid Jan, though, so I plan on starting it after that. Are you going to start it right when you get it?
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    We are planning on starting it on January 2 ... I suggest that even if you aren't "done" with this round of P90X that you start with us on the 2nd anyway ... My round of P90X will end mid December and I plan on doing "hard cardio" for the last 2 weeks of the year to build some cardio endurance.

The plyo blocks aren't "needed" but I have seen them used in the preview videos. These things are EXPENSIVE. I am probably going to "modify" until I can find a 12" for cheap or find a handy friend to build me one.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    it is actually a plyo BOX:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&view=bsp&ver=ohhl4rw8mbn4

That is DIY version, common sizes are 16, 20 and 24, but if you DIY you can easily modify it to the height you need to start.
    It is a very common tool in crossfit
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Yeah ... realized that. I think I am going to skip that for now as my right knee is not doing too hot.