Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeridith!

I have been learning about WAPF principles for a while but just recently started implementing them. I have a lot of weight to lose but am confident that I can lose it eating Real Food.
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've found adding the healthy fats, including butter, lard and tallow, back into my diet has been very beneficial! I generally eat only three meals a day now, with no snacks, and am not hungry between times. Weight loss has been slow, but pretty steady, and I feel great! Have also lost my sugar cravings, in fact I find I don't think so much about food at all as I used to!

Glad to be friends, and hope we can be of encouragement and support for each other! :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I find that my weight loss slows when I have a too many high carb days, such as the grains, legumes etc. The problem is your body can't burn off enough of both fat and sugar (carbs) so if you are doing high fat you want to have lower carbs. It's been an interesting process seeing how my body is adapting to a high fat diet. I haven't lost a tone of lbs but it seems like everything is kind of shifting around and resettling into better places!

I cant speak to whether the sprouting has helped because I sprout any grains or legumes I eat. I do know they digest like a vegetable that way so your body will react differently to them. Sprouting is so easy, you could switch to sprouted flours for a bit and see if that helps make a shift. Do a little experiment :)
  • Aspieb
    Aspieb Posts: 26
    Options
    I have been thinking of doing some sprouts for winter greens - and ordering a KT culture. Gotta get on that!
  • MAustinMMDP
    MAustinMMDP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to find some other peeps following the WAPF. Just started following the principles recently and feeling great. Finally starting to drop my weight again. I may not be active in the community yet but I plan on logging in daily here and on Fitbit and love new friends who challenge me :smile:
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning :) I started transitioning to WAPF about 1 1/2 years ago. I run a homesteading and real food blog and have really been enjoying the journey. The first year I was frustrated to find I was gaining even though I cut out snacking and unhealthy foods and was being more active...nutrient dense unfortunately is also calorie dense. So this year my focus is logging and losing!