Anyone else doing a Turkey Trot?

Options
sgoldman328
sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
Anyone? What time are you aiming for?

My first 5K is on Thanksgiving, and unfortuantely, I'm still on week 7.... Tips? Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm doing the one in our town called the Gobble Gallop. I'll be on week 6. I'm hoping to come in under 45 mins. If I'm faster than than woohoo for me!
  • sgoldman328
    Options
    My issue is I've been running a 12 to 12:30 minute mile for the first 2.5...... But I'm still pushing to get up to 3.... and 30 minutes..... and of course, at that pace, I'd need to be able to run for 37 ish minutes to run the whole thing...........so I understand that I may have to walk for a bit.... as such, I don't know what time to aim for?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    My first 5K is on Thanksgiving, and unfortuantely, I'm still on week 7.... Tips? Anyone else in the same boat?
    I ran my first 5K around Week 5, I think. Doesn't matter -- just go out there and have fun. Enjoy the atmosphere, and do your best!
  • sgoldman328
    Options
    I ran my first 5K around Week 5, I think. Doesn't matter -- just go out there and have fun. Enjoy the atmosphere, and do your best!

Thank you!
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first Turkey Trot and 5k...wish I had seen this group before. No way I can run it, but I will do a fast walk and jog as much as possible. Good luck!! :)
  • trail_turtle
    trail_turtle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your first 5K is about having a blast and enjoying the run!!

(There will be plenty of time to work on speed later.)

Just enjoy the energy of the crowd and the fact you're achieving the goal of participating in a 5K!
    If you have to walk intervals, do it.
    ...If you're like me, you'll have a year of 5Ks to follow!!
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I wish I could! I'm in charge of dinner and I start to hyperventilate about 3 days ahead and don't calm down till everyone goes home! Hey....maybe that would help me run faster!! :laugh:

Have a great time!

Lori
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    Yes and it will be my first 5K and I'm on Week 7 this week. I am aiming for 40 minutes....or actually just finishing :) I agree, just go out and have fun.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I wish I could! I'm in charge of dinner and I start to hyperventilate about 3 days ahead and don't calm down till everyone goes home! Hey....maybe that would help me run faster!! :laugh:

Hehe. Sorry about the hyperventilating, but it just could help you run faster.... and relieve some stress so you don't beat someone with a turkey leg! :laugh: