New to the group:)

Options
I just wanted to say "Hi" to the group and introduce myself.

My name is Penny and I have been trying to get to my goal weight for 4 years. It has been a hard road and I'm an emotional eater which makes it much harder. I don't have support at home or work. I have a really good friend but she is very thin and runs in marathons so she really can't relate to me but I love her anyway:wink:

I have asked my husband to lose weight with me and he said that he likes being a big fat guy so no help there. The ladies at work are wonderful to talk to but they don't really want to lose weight at this point. Or they start and a few weeks later stop.

I work out between 4-6 times a week and try so hard to eat right. If I could stay away from the binge eating, I would have no problem but I can't so I hope that being in this group and checking in everyday will help me be accountable for my actions and give me a place to get some advice, vent or help someone else.

Can't wait to get to know all of you!!:tongue:

Replies

• CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I am fairly new here also and would love to have the extra support and be able to help you along too!! I know from past experiences that having support is really important in this weight loss journey we are all on. So good luck in your jourmey and post away whenever you need help or support, we are here for you!!!
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group. we are very happy to have you. I think so many of us can relate. I am a emotional eater too. Except I either eat too much or I won't eat at all. there is no pattern on me. I have a daughter with Down Syndrome so she really adds to my emotional roller coaster. We are here for support trust me on that. I started this group on Facebook because I really needed support and to know there were other people out there. If you are on Facebook, request to join Chubby Buddies. It has so much more information on there that I could never put on here. But we are here for you. Just remember that.
    Have a good day.
    Jenn