TEAS

Options
stephabef
stephabef Posts: 936 Member
My biggest stress right now is the TEAS. I am applying to Georgia State's highly competitive program in March for next fall. I'm scheduled to take Anatomy 1 during the spring and Anatomy 2 during the summer. Though I've already taken Microbiology, I opted for Biology (you can pick Chem, Bio, or Physics at GSU - why, I will never understand. Should've taken Chem!) which I understand won't be on the test. So, basically, I need to take the TEAS in February for the scores to make it to my school on time, with virtually no knowledge of the subjects on the test.

...terrifying. Not to mention, getting my application packet together is also stressing me out like crazy.

Replies

• 87beckyRN
    Options
    What is TEAS?

and good luck!!!! Just prepare yourself..nursing school is A LOT of work :)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It's the standardized entrance exam for US schools... kind of like the SAT, except the science section focuses on Microbiology, Chem, and Anatomy :)
  • adhamilton11
    Options
    I took the TEAS test this last Feb. (in ks) and got a 62.7. I take it again in March
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It can be expensive (depending on your financial status) but its worth it to buy the TEAS book from the TEAS site. I took it after studying from the book for the first time and scored in the 91 percentile. There are literally questions straight from the book.
  • camcguire63
    camcguire63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that buying the study guide helps. I hadn't done a lot of the math in ages but the refresher was just enough. Also, it gives you an idea of the kind of questions that will be asked and the areas you should brush up on (and also what not to spend time studying). I got an exemplary on the test and I credit that to having used the study guide. It's about $50.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The TEAS has a study book on their website. I studied from that, and did great. Good luck!