Chit Chat Thread Week of Nov 15th

Options
2»

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Oh I am going to the gym today for cardio probably on the arc trainer. I lifted yesterday at home, but didn't get a chance to go to the gym. I am going to do some weight machines today since I didn't get a chance to do it yesterday.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Got in an awesome long run today along some of Hamilton's best trails. Even snuck in a quick run up the escarpment stairs :bigsmile:

All told, 8.7miles of trails and road. Fabulous Saturday morning run for me!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that the running store near my college is holding a 5k tomorrow! I'm so so very in. Then follow the next week with another 5 k. Sounds like awesome to me! :)
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Went out for an 8K run today, very breezy but it was at my back! So, had a good run.

bpraque - have a great 5K tomorrow!

meagalayne - i love trails, but we really don't have many around here. Enjoy :)

urbanhippierunner - sounds like a great gym workout!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Heading to the gym shortly to put in one last long run before the Las Vegas half marathon which is on December 4th. Will probably do 11 miles. Did 10 miles last weekend with no concerns so I am pretty confident I will be able to do run comfortably and finish! It is cold and snowy here, not running outside today~ !
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough week. Somehow injured my hip/glute/hamstring, not sure. I opted to skip the 10K I wanted to do day and put off my 15 mile training run. Hopefully will feel better tomorrow. Spent a good hour on stretching a hot bath and yoga to just work on recovery.
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well, I ended up taking an extra rest day yesterday because of a schedule mix up. It gets dark so early here now!
    Today I did a 6.5 mile run with a little walking thrown in when my heart rate got too high.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was scheduled to do 11 miles today, I was registered for what was supposed to be a 5K that was 3.5 Miles at 8:03 pace and the organizers of the race announced the change at the starting line. I heard several really complaining but I didn't mind. Then right away did 7.5 at 11:06 pace on hills.
    I just registered for another 5K for Thanksgiving while we are visiting family in Kentucky
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Ran a great 8 mile training run for speed today with 0 pain, that great stretch yesterday did wonders. My long 15 mile run I've opted to do Thanksgiving day.