My Pledge

Options
1). Your goal

I used to be a cross-country and track runner in high school, but I stopped when I went to college. I finished my freshman year, and am currently on a leave of absence, looking for a job until the spring semester starts. Basically, ever since I stopped running I came out of hiding the fact that I simply love food, and will basically munch on anything in sight! I don't really understand when I lost control, I was a pretty thin kid growing up... but, anyways! My goal is basically to look as I did last summer - I was so happy with my body. That was before school started, of course, and before I gave up cross country and track. A good 15 lbs should do it, and I'd like to be a little more toned. Also, I'm a stress eater, so finding other ways to control my stress aside from eating my feelings is another goal.

2). Your pledge of what you will do differently to achieve that goal

I pledge to document everything I put in my mouth, increase water consumption, and try NOT to focus on food so much! I pledge to decrease the number of sweets I eat, and value every bite.

3). Problems you expect to have, or are currently having

For me, the problem lies in the fact that I eat far too much for my height/weight/metabolism, and I simply cannot sustain the exercise regimen necessary to eat like that anymore. The problem, therefore, is going to be in controlling my food consumption and not only monitoring my calorie intake, but preventing it from exceeding the 1200 calories myfitnesspal recommends.

Good luck, everyone!

Replies

• softsculptor
    Options
    Yeah, same problem with loving food too much! I am trying to retrain the way I look at it...trying to look at it through the lens of "fuel" rather than "pleasure"...
  • Mtsembelis
    Mtsembelis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! One of my friends said something that stuck with me: "Eat to live, don't live to eat"
    Definitely NOT something I'm used to doing, but I definitely can't maintain running 60 minutes a day, plus workouts, plus weights on my own.
    I've found that the busier I am, the less I think about food. However, there's a fine line between busy and stressed. As soon as I get stressed, I'm back in front of the freezer digging up the ice cream. I don't even pay attention to how much I eat, it's almost like my body's encouraging me to procrastinate getting my work done!
    Anyone else respond to stress with food?
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1). Your goal
    To feel happy when I look in the mirror (clothes on and off!!)

2). Your pledge of what you will do differently to achieve that goal
    Record what I eat and try to focus on eating good, clean food - I love to eat lots of food so the only logical way to lose weight is to eat lots of low cal but satisfying foods!!

3). Problems you expect to have, or are currently having
    Keeping motivated when everyone around me is telling me that I don't need to lose weight/ to just eat what I want - knowing that if I ate what I wanted all the time I would be the size of a house!ha ha.
  • bellacarma
    bellacarma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat-- love food!