CFBC

Options
2»

Replies

• M_on_a_Mission
    M_on_a_Mission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! New to MFP and have done a couple initial postings. I was "wandering" around to learn more about the site and to my delight came across this group. Other than the fact that our world revolves around one fuzzy rescue feline, my husband and I have enjoyed twenty-four years of our independence. Thanks to whoever started this group. It's great to know there's a group of like-minded individuals who have your back.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I have found my spiritual home - I just need combine this with an atheist board and I would be in heaven LOL
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Glad to find you guys. I always feel like the outsider not being a mommy.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Hi and thank you for this group.

Anyone else sick of being told - but you'll change your mind when you're older/find a bloke/grow a brain etc

I would NEVER tell anyone you'll change your mind about wanting kids - when you have one!

not at all fustrated, happily child (and partner) free.

Sorry for the rant.
  • clairekeogh42
    clairekeogh42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting this group....I'm happy to be part of it, 41 divorced no kids and loving life, never wanted kids even as a child .
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this group and what a great idea!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :laugh: this made my day - thanks!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's too bad there are so few posts on here. I tried to start one for Halloween and got a whopping 2 responses. Where are all the kid-free people around here? I really feel the pressure more this time of year.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    This time of year actually helps confirm my decision not to have children...love love love my nieces and nephews and little 2nd cousins but I love the quiet, EVEN MORE, when I leave the parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lindseysarus
    Options
    This group is awesome! I recently made the decision to get a 10yr IUD and many of my friends and family were offended by my boyfriend and I's choice to NOT have kids, ever. I got so sick of the Facebook posts about peoples kids and pregnancies that I deleted my account. Its nice to see others that don't need to reproduce to feel fulfilled. :)
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes, I want to live my life for ME and I might be selfish but at least I am smart enough not to have kids and be selfish.
  • TaeBlueBeanSS
    TaeBlueBeanSS Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think that this choice is less selfish and more about being who you truly are and living the choices that you feel are best for your TRUE life. A lot of people can't handle or won't make those life choices for fear of being called selfish or they just think they have to do it because that is what everyone does. That is not being true to yourself. So, I chose no kids and I live it and I am happy with my life. Any other way wouldn't be ME and what is best for the life I live.

ps. I sometimes think when people with children come across people who chose not to have children, it makes them question their own choices and it makes them uncomfortable. That is where the offended part comes in because some people aren't comfortable with the idea that maybe having children wasn't the best choice for their own lives. (though EVERYONE always says their children are the best thing they've ever done) .....please