close to goal weight, feel a lot hungrier...why?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
so i am about 5lb from goal weight. i noticed all of a sudden i am feeling hungrier. i don't want to up my calories too much because i want to lose that last few lb. also noticed i am feeling cooler in my body, like i get colder easily, want a blanket more often, etc... so i'm wondering if this also correlates with it being cold now and it wasn't when i started working out or if it's just that my body has less fat on it and maybe that's why? did any of you notice feeling hungrier as you neared your goal?

Replies

• thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started to get cold all the time when my body temperature lowered due to insufficient calories (I had been eating 1200 for a month and a half at that stage) i.e. beginning of starvation mode. I've upped my calories, and I'm zig-zagging and losing!
    PS your body is smart, listen to it - if you're hungry, eat a little. Wait 15 minutes, if you're still hungry, eat again, regardless of calorie counts!
    Hope this helps!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I started to get cold all the time when my body temperature lowered due to insufficient calories (I had been eating 1200 for a month and a half at that stage) i.e. beginning of starvation mode. I've upped my calories, and I'm zig-zagging and losing!
    PS your body is smart, listen to it - if you're hungry, eat a little. Wait 15 minutes, if you're still hungry, eat again, regardless of calorie counts!
    Hope this helps!

Yes this!!! Listen to what your body tells you. I should have stopped eating today if I went by cals. Well my stomach was growling. So I tried drinking water because I'm going to bed soon. Well it didnt go away so now I'm eating Pita chips...lol. I think if your day is more active then the days before you will be hungrier or if it's the week before your TOM. Which is my reason.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I also have been super cold lately. I thought it was because I have lost quite a bit of my body fat.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy I found this thread. I'm 138.8, trying to get to 137. i am FREEZING and STARVING lately.

I am very anxious about even eating my exercise calories. I need to get over it.
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy I found this thread. I'm 138.8, trying to get to 137. i am FREEZING and STARVING lately.

I am very anxious about even eating my exercise calories. I need to get over it.

Yes!! I know it seems counter-intuitive to eat exercise calories, but do try to eat at least some of them, especially if you're eating very few calories to begin with. Try eating maybe 50-100 calories more a day, and see how you're getting on.
    But definitely eat if you're hungry, maybe a banana or something, and if you're still hungry after a while, eat again. Regardless of calorie limits.
    Best of luck :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You should get your thyroid checked if you are cold. That is a sign of low thyroid function....
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I actually just did, and it was good! I mean, I'm on meds for it, but it's well controlled.