Lack of

Options
stroken96
stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
I have heard that some women loss there sex drive, after menopause, and that if and when you have sex it hurts.
Has anyone heard of this?
If so what helped out?

Replies

• Jenni9375
    Options
    From my personal experience it does. Being aware of it and noticing it. I try to make time for romance and creating the mood more of a priority then before.

Date nights are wonderful.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Date nights are wonderful.
    [/quote]
    Good idea
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    Sex drive, no problem; I think knowing I won't get pregnant has been a bit freeing too. However, I did experience some VERY painful vaginal tearing soon after my boyfriend and I became intimate. It was the most horrible pain I've experienced! I've never experienced childbirth, but I think I can now empathize with those that have had an episiotomy. It took a few weeks to heal, and since then we're very careful about lubricants and if I'm uncomfortable we, well, change what we're doing. Luckily that rarely happens anymore.

I saw my gynecologist and was prescribed Premarin cream (vaginally). I use it about 1-2 times a week now after the first few weeks at a higher dose. This seems to work very well for me.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    LookoutLisa- the cream has helped? What are the side effects? I'm having a horrible time with vaginal dryness and lack of desire... My hubby and I have only been married 6 years..... We had a wonderful, fulfilling, intimate relationship.... He's absolutely supportive, but I feel badly..... Ima going to ask my Doctor about the cream, if there are no nasty side effects.....
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    LookoutLisa- the cream has helped? What are the side effects? I'm having a horrible time with vaginal dryness and lack of desire... My hubby and I have only been married 6 years..... We had a wonderful, fulfilling, intimate relationship.... He's absolutely supportive, but I feel badly..... Ima going to ask my Doctor about the cream, if there are no nasty side effects.....
    Hi RoadsterMomma,

Yes, it has helped quite a bit I think. I've been using it about 3 months now, 1-2 times a week. Honestly I found the applicator to just be messy and wasteful, so I just use my finger (not much different than an OB tampon). I haven't found any side effects personally, other than the hit to the wallet -it's expensive and I don't have insurance. But I just use a little more than a pea size, so I calculate it will last about 6-7 months.

Don't forget to drink enough water, and do your best to get some good sleep :)
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, LookoutLisa! I had been doing really well with water intake, then DH had surgery and my routine got thrown for a loop.... :-( thanks again!!!:flowerforyou: