Layback

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
This is my favorite thing ever that I've seen on YouTube. Ever! She's probably going to hate me for posting, but I figured y'all would enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORXO-V_8-U

Replies

• akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Haha! Love it! Thanks for postin it out there, definitely don't mind sharing ;)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love this! My spins are soooo slooooowww... = )
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet attempted a layback since I got back into skating. Mine used to be not half bad. No where near as good as Haley's, of course. My scratch spins are SO FAST that I have to pull out of them sometimes.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I am jealous! Ok, this is how low level I am.. I had my best spin EVER during my Pre-Bronze test... I got a whole... Are you ready ? ... 4 revolutions! Yes a measly 4! I go up on my toe hit the pick and can't seem to break the habit, my entry edge needs help too! Laybacks are in the distant future for me!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    What a pretty spin Haley.

I used to love doing laybacks and had quite a nice one. After switching to sance blades I tried one and flipped off the end of the blade. I haven't tried one since. :)
  • skinnyminniexx
    skinnyminniexx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i always close my eyes when i do a layback...staring up makes me too dizzy! back when i was 9 or 10 i flipped out of a layback (literally) and cracked my chin open! for a while after that i was too scared to do them but my team needed me to do one in the program.