Moderators

Options
debs6
debs6 Posts: 232 Member
It seems kind of silly posting this because it is unimaginable that we will have the need for moderation within this group and we want people to have the freedom to discuss anything that is relevant- but it is suggested by MFP that we have at least a couple of additional moderators who can attend to things around the clock if any problem was to arise. I assume this is to ban unwanted disruptive posters who have the sole purpose of creating mischief and things like that.

If you are in any way interested in being a moderator to this group can you please send me a personal message just telling me a tiny bit about yourself including how often you access this group and stuff like that. It is certainly not meant to be a formal application or anything like that - more just an expression of interest. For those who feel computer of blog challenged, please dont let it stop you as I think MFP is coming up with a small guidance package for moderators - and we can do what we do best - support one another. I am by no means a computer whiz - so it will have to be simple enough for anyone to learn. We will obviously still be operating under the MFP guidelines and if things became too difficult we can still refer on to them- they are just hopeful that most groups will be self moderating for the main.

We will only require a limited number of moderators for now - so please don't be offended if you are not included in the first round.Your name will be kept for future times. Another recommendation is that we have moderators spread over different time zones- so that if something serious happened it is more likely that someone could get to it quickly.

I really don't think it will be a daunting job at all as we are here all for the same purpose- it is really just precautionary if we score some gate crashers who are unwanted and a nuisance.

Debbie