Daily Check In November 18 2011

Options
PedmomJill
PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
Good morning!

Dana, surprisingly that is one kind of foot pain I don't have ha ha. Did you say if you've seen a doctor for it? Or are you just trying to live with it and work around it?

ER, good for you for doing some of your new workout! I love those two workouts too. The music is great on those! I've done the short premix on SJP many times when I just had half an hour of time. They are good ones for sure. Are you a dentist or a dental assistant?The aches and pains are tough but I figure it's just part of getting older and if I want to exercise I have to live with it somewhat. When I started exercising again in April I felt terrible at first, too. I could barely walk 10 minutes on the treadmill! I've come a long way. :)

My rotation calls for Tri Sets Lower Body today. I usually like to get my workout done mid-morning, but I have an appointment at 9am and then phone conferences from 11am until about 1pm, so I probably won't get to it until after that. My goal is to burn at least 500 calories a day this week, so if I don't burn enough with the workout I'll be adding on something, maybe some treadmill time.

I went shopping last night for some clothes. I've lost 60 pounds so obviously I don't have a lot of clothes that fit me anymore and need to stock up on some warmer tops. I also needed a pair of jeans since I had only one pair that fit and they are getting loose. I almost literally cried in the dressing room when the 8s I tried on fit perfectly. I had bought a pair of 8s from Old Navy a few months ago, but figured it was a fluke because everything else I was in were 10s. Now I've lost more so I really am in a comfortable size 8. I never thought I'd be in a single digit size again. It was a little emotional lol, as silly as that might sound.

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to drink your water!

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Last night I got in Supreme 90 Back & Biceps. This morning I did Cardio Kicks with weighted gloves. I have to finally give up my VHS copy of this workout, and get the DVD. :laugh: My copy stopped at the end of the warm-up. I was able to get it going again, but that is the end of this tape. :frown: It has served me well up to this point. Cardio Kicks is a tough workout, and doesn't have to much hi/lo so I still enjoy doing it.

ER: I love the music in the Body Blast series. Now SJP/CB wasn't my favorite one in the series (hi/lo and step isn't something that I'm very coordinated for:blushing: ), but I know a lot of people that love that one.

Jill: Totally awsome, and you deserve to shed a tear or two on something that you have been working so hard on. :wink:

Chat Later,
    Laurie
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies TGIF,

Jill-No I haven't seen a doctor yet. My foot is most sensative in the morning, so I'm thinking it's mainly muscle. I've just been dealing with it for now, but if it doesn't get better than I plan to see a doctor.

I've decided to put Insanity on hold until my knee feels better. I'll most likely hit the gym after work today since I don't have to pick up my granddaughter from school. I hate having to rush a workout in, I like to take my time in hopes of getting in a good workout. I plan to hop on the eliptical, get in abs and chest/tri/shoulders.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    what is cardio kicks???

Dana man i hope the knee and foot gets better soon!! I still have a lot of vhs tapes lol
    Jill that is awesome you have lost 60 pounds? !! Way to go!!
    im going to do step jump pump agian today!! hopefully i will do the whole thing!!!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    ER: Cardio Kicks is Cathe's first kickboxing workout. There are two workouts on the DVD, Circuit Max (interval workout) and Cardio Kicks.

http://shop.cathe.com/Circuit_Max_Cardio_Kicks_Exercise_DVD_p/290.htm
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Jill congrats on the weight loss. I would love to go to shopping for new clothes. But I would never wear them. I'm in a uniform 40 hours a week and by the time I get home its pj's. And on my days off I like to be in my workout clothes if I'm not going anywhere.

ER great job on SJP/SB. I traded that one away and kind of have some traders remorse, maybe I can trade back for it. It does have awesome music on it and the step routines are fun.

Dana hope your aches and pains feel better.

Trish yesterday it was cloudy and cold but today it is cold but sunny. Have fun in Atlanta. My sister has in laws in Aiken. And her best friend lives in Atlanta and my cousin lives in Marietta. That's great that your mom likes to workout with you. You guys can work off all the yummy holiday food together. :wink:

Laurie great job on the workout.

Last night was my step daughters Volley ball dinner and awards. She plays modify. They all had a good time. Usually Friday and Saturday I take as rest days but since she was home and head to shower this morning I did 30 minutes. So this week I have worked at 6x. :happy: And after my workout I stepped on the scale and was down one pound. :smile: I guess all this logging really works.
  • Edithrenee
    Options
    i cant find it now but someone asked if i was a dentist or dental assistant. I am a Denatl assistant and went back and i am also a certified Medical assistant as well....I wish i was the dentist!! The money would be awesome and the one i work with now

..she is slow!!!! I used to work with one dentist for so long that he and i can do a RCT in 30 minutes if it was a front tooth, and back tooth 45 minutes and we have up to date way to do it.

The one i work for now, uses the older way of RCT and Crowns... took her three hours yesterday to do a root canal!! OH MY GOSH!! I had to assist her... I have always been the chair side assistant but this job i can do front desk so she has me in the back and front.... It is a small practice but totaly boring!!!
  • helened
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I just posted in the threads the last couple of days. Been shorter on time. Aren't we all?! LOL.

My back is slowly better. Still kind of feels weird and i am not sure yet about doing anything today though I did want to get in some light cardio.

Jill: Wanted to mention that if you got your discs from Cathe.com they replace them even if it's been several years (well unless your dog chewed on them). Their customer service is great and I've replaced a couple of discs that way that I had for quite a while.

I hope to BBL but not sure. Great job on your workouts and eats everyone. We are ready to face Thanksgiving! Woohoo!
  • Edithrenee
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Jill congrats on the weight loss. I would love to go to shopping for new clothes. But I would never wear them. I'm in a uniform 40 hours a week and by the time I get home its pj's. And on my days off I like to be in my workout clothes if I'm not going anywhere.

ER great job on SJP/SB. I traded that one away and kind of have some traders remorse, maybe I can trade back for it. It does have awesome music on it and the step routines are fun.

Dana hope your aches and pains feel better.

Trish yesterday it was cloudy and cold but today it is cold but sunny. Have fun in Atlanta. My sister has in laws in Aiken. And her best friend lives in Atlanta and my cousin lives in Marietta. That's great that your mom likes to workout with you. You guys can work off all the yummy holiday food together. :wink:

Laurie great job on the workout.

Last night was my step daughters Volley ball dinner and awards. She plays modify. They all had a good time. Usually Friday and Saturday I take as rest days but since she was home and head to shower this morning I did 30 minutes. So this week I have worked at 6x. :happy: And after my workout I stepped on the scale and was down one pound. :smile: I guess all this logging really works.

that is awesome Jen!! I hope hope hoep my scales start moving down soon.
  • steph_arena
    Options
    Jill, I am doing the happy dance for you as I am catching up on the thread! Fantastic weight loss...welcome back to the single digits! I am on a rest day today..I am pooped out from my parent teacher interviews last night and non stop meetings today..(i prefer having the students to meeting with other teachers) Haven't been sleeping well for about a month now..that never helps..

Dana: hope you leg is better..

going to try and take a nap :0
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steph! I'm glad you guys "get" why it was emotional for me. :) A year ago I was a 2X! I can relate to sleeping issues. I was up at 4:51am and had a hard time getting back to sleep. Damn peri-menopause!

Helene, my discs are from Cathe and they work great. I haven't had any trouble at all with them. I am surprised at all the negative things I've read online about them. Guess it depends on what kind of flooring you're on. I'm glad your back is on the mend; those stupid injuries!

Jenn, I know what you mean about the clothes. I work from home so I live in my exercise clothes. But I have started dating again and I don't want to wear yoga pants on a date. LOL Good job on 6 workouts this week!

ER, yes I have lost 60 but it has taken quite awhile. 11 months to be exact. I walked into my first Weight Watchers meeting on 12/27/10. LOL @ the dentist being slow. I never thought about what the DAs must think of the dentist.

Dana, I think you're doing the right thing. When I have pain, I have to just adjust what I'm doing and usually it heals. Hopefully that will happen for your knee. I know what you mean about having enough time for your workout. I HATE to be interrupted when I'm working out. I get very cranky!

Laurie, wow I can't believe you still had a tape that was working! I am jealous of your workouts. I love kickboxing but I can't do it anymore because of bursitis in my shoulders.

I ended up sticking to Cathe's rotation and did TriSets Lower Body Split. I don't think I like that one. I only burned 268 calories in 40 minutes and there are no inner thigh exercises. WTH? I get on the treadmill to get my 500 calorie burn for today. I don't see myself doing this Tri Set workout very often. I prefer total body workouts, and I have plenty of those to use instead.

Tomorrow calls for Slide & Glide's cardio PLUS Low Impact Challenge. Seriously!?!? I don't know if my legs will be able to hold up for that tomorrow after working them so hard today.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing night of vegetation on the couch. :)