goal weight

Options
hey guys! i'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 115-120 lbs. this is a little high i think but i'm very muscular. i'm a competitive ice skater and have been for 10 years, so i have built up my muscles. and since muscle weighs more than fat, i think this is a good goal weight for me.

what's your goal weight?

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The debate on whether muscle weighs more than fat continues....lol

I'm 4'11 my original goal weight was 110-115. Once I reach 115, I decided to go ahead for 110. I have reached 110 and I think it looks good on me. Tweaking a few things but I think I can stay in the 110-115 range.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even. When I first started here, my goal was just to hit 150. Once I hit that, I bumped it down to 140, then 130. I'm now resting at 127ish and decided I'll try for 120. I'm kinda stuck in the high 120's right now (I've lost my motivation so I'm not eating right). I know I'll get there though.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1 3/4 in (Gotta get every little percent of an inch in there!). Currently weigh 130. Would like to get back to 125, where I was a few months ago. I'm not sure how much lower than that I would go. When I was in my 20s I was hanging around 117ish, but I'm not sure that's realistic anymore for me. I do have a muscular frame and I'm fine iwth that. Just trying to make sure that people can tell it's Muscle, not Fat.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My initial goal weight is 115-110. I'm at 119 right now and will decide when I get to 115 if I want to go further. A part of me thinks so but then... I may lose even more weight in places I don't want to lose! lol
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal weight was 115. I have a larger chest and hips, so wanted to retain curves looking healthy. Now I'm playing around with somewhere between 110-115. I'm 112 right now, and still toning. This 5 lb range may be perfect though.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'd like to ultimately be between 110 and 115. I've been at 120 before and really wanted to lose five more pounds but lost my motivation (and then gained all my weight back /cry).

I've never been lower than 120 so I'll have to evaluate how I'm feeling/looking once I get below that point.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2 and my goal weight as of right now is 120, though that could change as I get closer to my goal. I am medium boned, so that should look ok on me! :bigsmile:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, currently 141 pounds with a dream goal of 120...but I don't know if I'll get there. I do have a fair amount of muscle and I do hope to tone up so I might only get to 130 with the difference of added muscle. :) Basically if I can't get down to 120 pounds there better be a difference in inches at least.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm at 143 right now. I want to get down to 120 and see how that looks. I think that'll be it.. I have a large chest and large hips.
  • badtheory
    badtheory Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently about 99lb. I think i looked better when I was around 106lb. right now i'm trying to figure out how i could put on a few lbs in a healthy way, and how to be psychologically prepared for that. in the past, i've only ever lost weight, so it's pretty scary to imagine gaining weight.
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well and my goal is 110 lbs. Although, before, it was all about my diet - I just wanted to lose the weight. But now, since I'm not seeing that much of a difference even though I've lost 7 kg, I've decided to start strength training again in order to tone my body, so I guess I'll put on a few pounds of muscles soon so I'm not sure whether to keep my goal at 110 or to raise it a little :)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 115 - 120.... That was where I was before and I was happy there, but could have been more toned. So this time once I get close to my goal I will really focus on toning up.
  • HannahRodriguez
    Options
    Gosh I feel fat reading all your post...I am 5' 1" and 167 lbs now but was 189 at my worst, I want to be 123lbs and I thought that was low for my height....I got to 159 this summer but gained again....I would feel awesome to be just 150 haha for now anyway...I don't feel like I eat a lot I wish I knew what was my issue...
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 125-130. I remember being 105 when I was younger and couldn't ever imagine myself being that small again. If and when I reach 130 and feel good, I'll probably just maintain that weight.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 3 and my goal weight is 125, but that is a guess at this point! I've been overweight for so long I've no idea how I'll look/feel down at that weight so we shall see
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Gosh I feel fat reading all your post...I am 5' 1" and 167 lbs now but was 189 at my worst, I want to be 123lbs and I thought that was low for my height....I got to 159 this summer but gained again....I would feel awesome to be just 150 haha for now anyway...I don't feel like I eat a lot I wish I knew what was my issue...

I am currently 153 and started at 171, so you are by no means "abnormally large" in this group x
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I am aiming for around 55kg (120 pounds). I have been stuck at the 60kg barrier for a while now - but this morning I finally dipped under it by 0.2. I won't record this as a weigh in until I see it on the scale for more than one day.

Here's hoping it wasn't just a empty eating day (was feeling a bit off last night and appetite wasn't great...BUT I still ate lunch and dinner before going to bed so time will tell.

59.8...please please please stick around!
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight is about 120. I'm 5'2 and I have a long way to go. Good luck on all your journeys. I know we can all succeed!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at my highest of 182. Currently 128.4, and my goal is 127!!! So close I can FEEL it!!!! I had originally set my goal at 140, then figured why not try 135, 130, and now 127. I have a medium frame, which is toning up nicely and I'm actually smaller than I was back in high school when I weighed about 120 or so. My hope is to stay at or just under 130 which is a healthy weight for me, but I'm also hoping to run my first marathon next year so I've been warned by people who know about these things to have a minimum set for my weight so I don't lose all my strength!!! I think in my head I'll put my minimum as somewhere between 120-125, but I'll have to see it on my body before I decide. I want the stamina to finish that race!!!!

For now, goal weight is 127.. and I feel GREAT!
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Strength train. If you build muscle you will be able to gain some weight and still be in good shape. A pound of muscle takes up less volume than a pound of fat, so anything you can do to add muscle would be good. You may even be able to get up to 106 that way. Increase your protein intake and add weights to build up the muscle.
    I'm 5'2", currently about 99lb. I think i looked better when I was around 106lb. right now i'm trying to figure out how i could put on a few lbs in a healthy way, and how to be psychologically prepared for that. in the past, i've only ever lost weight, so it's pretty scary to imagine gaining weight.