Public vs Private

Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
I'm a fan of keeping this group Public so others can find it. BUT that means everyone on MFP can see what you post. And they might even decide to send you a PM about it. I'm not here to debate, especially with parents. I'm not here for another perspective. If I wanted that, I would join the debate club.

I'm here to talk about my decision with only those others who've made the SAME decision.

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I am completely fine with keeping it Public. I already have many years worth of come backs when people ask me about why I don't have kids. LOL
  • Qarol
    I don't think we should have to have comebacks here. This is a place for CFBC. Choice is the key word.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Yeah, but just like every other forum, people join or follow certain groups of opposition just to have a debate.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I don't want to have to defend my position. If I wanted to do that, I would post about this subject in the forums.
  • Qarol
    OK...I don't know why I didn't think of this at first. The Mental Health group has the same concept.

There's a public group, for people to find. There's also a private group. You can request an invite through the public group to get to the private group. We should do this for CFBC!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    Why the hell would someone come in here and tell us that we are making a bad decision by not having kids? I'll tell you right now - I'd welcome an argument. Maybe I'm just being snarkey.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Why the hell would someone come in here and tell us that we are making a bad decision by not having kids? I'll tell you right now - I'd welcome an argument. Maybe I'm just being snarkey.

Cuz some people don't have anything else better to do while they wait to poop about another kid or while Junior is taking a nap?

idk
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    MMMmmhmmmm. *finger wag* This is MY choice and I am not going to reason it, defend it or fight about it. Deal with it!