Turkey Day Burn Off, I need your input

Options
2»

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    looks like a great workout! I'm unsure that you're normal 45 minute peoples will be able to keep it up for twice as long, but you can always add in recovery exercises if needed. hope it goes well!!

Yup, definately gonna need some active recovery exercises.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

I'm certified through AfAA, but ACE is likewise good. You can do group ex and/or PT. But you can probably make more money doing PT. However, it's my passionate hobby, so I just do group ex.

I'm thinking of getting some cert. Gym owner is pushing me to get a cert. cause she wants me to do PT, I guess I can always do that on the side since I'm always at the gym anyways LOL.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Depending on work/rest intervals I can see a lot of people just vomitting up their Turkey :tongue: Is that the plan? haha

Looks good & we do similar stuff at mma conditioning. It's always good fun. Just remember to show people the easier versions of exercises so they can start with the harder stuff & drop it to easier level as time goes on as that is a long time for high intensity training.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    tag... I plan on spending a lot of time working out gobble gobble!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you peeps for your advice, input, suggestions and encouragement. Turkey burn was a success, lots of sweat, moaning, and some dry heaves :) but everyone worked hard and burned some major calories. My HRM logged me down for a 1700 kcal burn and I was even taking lots of breaks to check and correct people's form.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations on your first long one.

The weird thing is to yell and correct people and taking breaks does not make you HR go down. Whether or not I participate fully, I get the same burn. I burn even more, if I have to track 2 groups in my class. But that one stresses me out, too. And I'm in for the pure fun factor which means, I want to participate in what I teach.

Get certified and pick up a few classes . I can only recommend it. It'll pay for your gym membership, the work out gear and the re-certification, but that's really it. So I always have to work a real job :)

There is a site with combos people post (all sorts) turnstep.com I use some of it, and the p90x in a modified form. and the burpees, push ups, jump rope and mountainclimbers are the bomb - for body weight exercises.
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I sat on my butt to burn it lol,I actually didn't eat much just a lot of sweets,shame on me for that!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I sat on my butt to burn it lol,I actually didn't eat much just a lot of sweets,shame on me for that!

Aint no shame in eating sweets, my cheesecake and pie consumption on Thanksgiving was ridiculous, I didn't even log all of them, I just logged a quick calorie entry LOL.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations on your first long one.

The weird thing is to yell and correct people and taking breaks does not make you HR go down. Whether or not I participate fully, I get the same burn. I burn even more, if I have to track 2 groups in my class. But that one stresses me out, too. And I'm in for the pure fun factor which means, I want to participate in what I teach.

Get certified and pick up a few classes . I can only recommend it. It'll pay for your gym membership, the work out gear and the re-certification, but that's really it. So I always have to work a real job :)

There is a site with combos people post (all sorts) turnstep.com I use some of it, and the p90x in a modified form. and the burpees, push ups, jump rope and mountainclimbers are the bomb - for body weight exercises.

Thanks again for your help and encouragement. Gym owner is on me about getting certified. For some reason she is impressed with my willingness to help others. Thanks for the link, I'll be certain to check it out.