Stage 6 - Anyone? Bueller?

Options
Seriously hating this stage. Maybe I'm just getting tired of NROLFW? I did Workout A today and - 10 sets of 2 reps of underhand pulldowns? This is such a pain logistically. And forget the negative chin-ups - that was a disaster. Clearly I need more upper body strength.

This week has been a struggle for me on this program. I've gained 7 pounds since July and all of my clothes are tight. Sure, some of it is muscle, and I started out pretty much "skinny fat," but I think I've been taking the "eat more" message a little too seriously. LOL. I'm going to back off the calories and lift just two days a week through the end of the year, and try to get more cardio into my routine until I feel less puffy.

Any Stage 6 sympathizers out there?

Replies

• up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have 1 more workout to go in stage 5. But I've looked at stage 6 and I'm not sure if I'm going to go there. I've tried the negative chinup and I pretty much just fall, lol. I don't have the strength. I have not gained the weight like I would have liked to (in the form of muscle) since I've started, but I have liked my results and I have become stronger. I don't know...after Christmas I'm going to switch to Jamie Eason's program...not sure what I'm going to do in the meantime.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I do not have my book with me but I think I remember reading that stage 6 was optional????
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I do not have my book with me but I think I remember reading that stage 6 was optional????

Yep... optional. It's designed to help you do a single pull up. All those exercises are designed to increase your upper body pulling power.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm totally skipping this stage.
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll skip it. I would love to be able to do a pull-up, but clearly I'm not anywhere near ready for that. Thanks girls.
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nope, changed my mind. NOT skipping it. The purpose of this Stage is to help with building strength and muscle, and I'm down with that. I'm only shortchanging my own goals if I skip it. So...onward!