Introduction!

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
Hello :) My name is Lauren and I created this group to find other stay at home mother's who are also trying to lose weight. nobody can relate to us SAHMs like other stay at home mom's :)

I am 25 years old, I have been married for 5 years and I have a beautiful little girl who will be turning 4 in just a little over a week.

I recently quit smoking and drinking, and now it's time to tackle the weight. I currently weigh 285lbs and I'm taking it a pound at a time and trying to not overwhelm myself. My highest priority right now is protecting my sobriety and newfound non-smoker title, but that being said, I have REALLY needed to lose this weight for along time and would enjoy having some people to chat with about it along the way.

Hoping to see some members soon!

xo Lauren xo

Replies

• siems56
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tanya and I am a SAHM of 2 little girls 3 & 4 years old. I am 33 years old and have been married 9 years.

I was at my lowest weight after I had my first little girl 125 and had my second little girl and went down in weight after I had her but then my weight started to go up. So I am here and I have set and made goals for myself. Most days I go crazy with one little girl that is a BIG cry baby, which stress me out big time and makes me want to eat. Maybe a change in me well bring a change in her. (I am praying) .
  • melinda_m
    melinda_m Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also a stay at home mum with two girls aged 3 and 18 months. I piled on over 35kg with my pregnancies am now desperate to lose it again and be fit and healthy. I don't want to watch my girls gro up from the sidelines. I will get there tho. I am determined.
  • ashjbarnhart
    ashjbarnhart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm a SAHM of an 11 week old baby boy. I'm stuck at a plateau with my weight but I'm focused, determined and have spent most of my adult life very focused on a "clean" diet and being very fit so my current body is new and frustrating. I live in the Columbus Ohio area...where is everyone else from?
  • siems56
    Options
    I live in Eastvale, California
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Hey everyone :flowerforyou: welcome! :) So what's everyone's weigh in day? Do we want to set a weigh day for the group or no? lol
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hiya

My names Wendy im 25 I'm a stay at home mummy from Australia hence the mum not mom :), I have 3 kidlets 2 boys aged 7 and 3 and my baby girl who is 1 next month ive had a weight problem since chidhood the kind where you have to wear special sized school uniforms

This is my second time losing weight but the first time I have done it properly the first time i did it after my first child turned 1,

I lost 50kg (110lbs) and was super skinny but i lost that 50kg (110lbs) in 9 months soooo super unhealthy and of course i gained every single bit back plus allot more so now im weighing in at 106.2 kg (234 lbs) and so far im losing weight slowly but steadily and have managed to concur some of my naughty snacking and drinking habits

My aim is to cook for my kids in the healthiest way possible so they grow up to cook and eat the same , to excercise in the healthiest way possible so they grow up with the notion of daily excercise as the norm,
    I want health to be second nature to them so they dont have to fight the same battles im currently fighting after all isnt that what all parents want our children to live better lives then we did

Looking forward to getting too know you all and shareing this adventure :)
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :) My name is Lindsay, I am 27 years old and a SAHM to Makenzie who is 8 months old. I have been married for 3 years in June to my Husband Jason who is active duty Army and we are currently living in Richmond Hill GA.

I gained 45lbs during pregnancy, lost about 15, and then gained it back and a little more with PPD.

I just started my weight loss journey and could use all of the encouragement I can get! My Husband is 6'2 and has to eat junk to keep any weight on his skinny *kitten* LOL!
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sarah and I am a stay at home mom to 3 beautiful girls and I also homeschool: Janelle 10yr, Meredith 4yr, and Eve Lynn 9m. I was a single mother for 7 1/2 years and then met the man of my dreams! We have been married 2 1/2 years and it gets better everyday :heart:

I was a thin person till my first pregnancy. I gained 80lbs, but lost 100lbs in 6 months. I stayed thin till my 2nd pregnancy and gained 50lbs and never lost it. After we got married we unfortunately had 2 miscarriages and I had a lot of grief and depression. I gained even more weight. My 3rd pregnancy I started out at 245lbs and gained 16lbs. I quickly lost 30lbs after birth...but got stuck. So I finally got sick of it and joined MFP!

I have been a member for 2 1/2 weeks and have dropped 13lbs! I am hoping to keep going and make this a life long pursuit. Hubby and I want to get pregnant in about 6 months or so and I would like to be down to at least 170-180lbs before so. My main goal is to reach 130lb.
  • cjayplus2
    cjayplus2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Casey. I am 26, married and have 2 beautiful children Mr 6 and Miss 3. We live in New Zealand.

I have always had weight issues and am so thankful I have finally found something that works for me. I started at 94kg and am currently sitting at 71.4kg. It has taken a year to lose this weight and I still have around 14kg to go but I will get there!

I have never been able to get the whole healthy eating AND exercise thing going at the same time. I always seem to be doing one or the other, but have recently started doing the 30 day shred so here's hoping I can keep it up :smile:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Welcome everyone :)
  • ladybuglvr
    ladybuglvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 2 weeks into mfp and loving it. I feel like the community support here is going to make all the difference for me.

I'm a married sahm of girls, almost 4 yrs old and 8 1/2 months old. I never really had a weight problem until having kids... I gained 60 lbs with my first, lost 30 then gained it back during 2nd pregnancy. I also struggled with ppd after #2 which makes it even harder to think about making life changes like losing weight when you can barely getthru the day as you are. I've always loved food but its become more and more of an addiction for me. Im a bigtime emotional/stress eater so taking on this challenge while rasing little ones is gonna be tough...but if not now then when? when theyre all grown up and im an old lady? I want to enjoy life now! I dont want to be ashamed and embarrased when i drop off my kids at school. Or depressed when i have to shop in plus size or maternity dept. I want to be sexy for my husband again!

Now is the time, we can do this if we stick together!

P.S.
    Lauren-- Congrats on your recent victory over alcohol/smoking, thats a HUGE step towards good health!!

I'm from Ventura, CA

My weigh in day has ended up on MOndays just cuz thats when i started this program.

Anyone want to add me as friend, feel free :)
  • sincerely4me1o0
    sincerely4me1o0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am a 31 year old wife and SAHM to 3 boys ages 15, 12, and 8. And a baby girl who is 22 months old. I just became a SAHM 3 months ago and I love it! But now I have no excuse for not doing something about this weight. I have been getting bigger and bigger with each pregnancy. Never loosing more than 25 or so pounds when actually trying to loose. I have not weighed myself in such a long time but last time I did I was close to 250. My husband is diabetic and just got word that his cholesterol is high as well. I have not had a total physical in such a long time but I feel as though I may be right there with him. So it's time for a change.
  • Liza121
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Liza, a SAHM from NY and I'm 29. I have an almost 6 month old son who I adore. He is the reason I'm doing this. I've always been overweight. In 2001 I lost 60 pounds on WW and slowly gained it back. In 2006 when I met my husband and got comfortable, it all went downhill LOL

I currently need to lose 100lbs to be considered "healthy". Liking forward to doing this with all of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend!! The more, the merrier :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Just found this group - excited to make some new friends! I'm Virginia, I'm 29 and I'm a SAHM of 2 sweet boys (a 4 year old and a 20 month old). I've been married for 5 years. I gained 15 lbs between the time I met my husband and the time we got married. Gained 7 more before getting pregnant with baby #1. Gained 37 during the pregnancy, lost it all by 6 months, but then gained back 20 before getting pregnant with baby #2. Gained 37 in the pregnancy again, lost it all by 6 months again, then gained back 8 before deciding it was time to take control of things. I kept deleting pictures of me from family trips and gatherings and decided it would be really nice to not have to delete them so often. LOL So, I started the MFP program this past July and so far I have lost 27 lbs from that highest non-pregnant weight. I'm only 2 lbs away from my pre-baby #1 weight now and only 9 away from my wedding day weight. My ultimate goal is to get 5 lbs under the wedding day weight and be in better shape than I was before we got married.
  • acoster04
    acoster04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi....Im Angel....stay @ home mom of 3 gorgeous girls 5 yrs, 3.5 yrs & 9 mos. I babysit 2 little boys 18mos & 9 mos mon-fri. I have been married for 7 yrs next month. My husband is active duty army & we r stationed @ ft riley. Since getting married & having kids I have put on some weight that I wld really like gone. :) I am going to try & start working out to a Jillian Micheals dvd that I bought about a yr ago. Im wanna try & go to the gym but with 5 kids everyday I find it hard to do much of anything outside of the house.

I am hoping that with MFP & getting support from others it will help motivate me to start working out.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Welcome Angel! :)
  • KarrieLynn81
    KarrieLynn81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello moms! I'm a proud first time mother of a lil boy that was born January of this year. I also, like the rest of you, stay at home. I'm trying to get healthy for myself and family. I feel my life is at an all time low at the moment with this weight bringing me down. I started this whole diet and exercising thing after Thanksgiving cause I was sick of being over weight and unhealthy.

I'm here for support and motivation...which I need a lot of. I've noticed strangers are more supportive lately than my true friends which is a little sad. My family is pretty good with this and are happy for me. My boyfriend of almost 3 years is being VERY supportive through my goals and hopes this helps my crabbiness and negativity.

*cheers* To everyone who decided it is THEIR time and want to become healthier....I envy you.

13085956.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm a sahm/wahm from Ontario. I have a beautiful 13 month old daughter. I gained 60 pounds while I was pregnant, and still have 11.5 pounds to lose. That will bring me back to my pre-pregnancy weight, then I'd like to lose an additional 10 pounds.

This website has helped a lot. I've never tracked my food before, it really does make a difference.
  • SSMomof3
    SSMomof3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies I am also a SAHM work once a month or less never the less I am always home with my 15 month old Toddler. I also have a 9 and 7 1/2 year old girls. I am from AUSTIN, TEXAS~!

I am ready to loose all this baby fat that has accumalated over the years! Never, ever been thin neither do I want to just want to get fit and looking and feeling good!

MFP has helped a lot, I've lost 13 pounds since I started and setting short goal really works for me! I am so excited to join the team and help you and I out in this journey!!!

BEST WISHES TO ALL OF YOU !!!
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Randi, a stay-at-home mother of 6 children ranging in ages from 13 to 2 (and the baby factory is now closed). I've been married to my sweetheart for 14 years (yep, we didn't wait to have kids, lol). I'm also a military wife, so life is extra exciting.

I used to be a fitness junkie (still am in spirit), but after a difficult final pregnancy (where I gained a ton of weight) and some major life changes for our family immediately after baby was born, the dust has only recently settled. I finally feel like I can focus on taking my body back--and reviving my passion for fitness.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!