Daily Check In November 20 2011

Options
PedmomJill
PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
Good morning sunshines!

I'll be doing my workout earlier than usual today because I have a date at noon to watch the Packer game with a new guy I'm seeing. :)

Cardio Supersets is on the rotation. Last day of my 500+ burn week. Not sure if I'll make it or not. Last time I did this one I burned 340 calories, so that means throwing on some treadmill or elliptical time at the end, unless I decide to try the bonus step. I've had so much trouble with Low Impact Challenge though that I've become kind of step-shy, if you know what I mean. I'm feeling a little achy in the right knee and both feet, but not too bad so I'll be fine.

Back to normal calories today. I netted a .5 loss from my high day Friday and low day yesterday. Good, but I was hoping for a little more. (Aren't we always? LOL).

ER, good workout yesterday! LOL @ running out of road to run on. Just go in circles, ha ha. I'm anxious to hear what you think of Slide & Glide. I really like it. I burn a lot of calories during the cardio portion. It's a toughie. Of course I think all of these new Cathes are toughies.

That said, I think someone asked about general impressions of her new series. For me, its"

LOVE: Afterburn, Athletic Training, Cardio Supersets, Slide & Glide
Like: Total Body Tri-Sets, Low Impact Challenge
No use for: Turbo Barre, Yoga Max, Yoga Relax

I'm on the fence about Cycle Max. I don't have a spin bike. I thought I'd be able to sell it or trade it, but so far no. I just read on videofitness.com yesterday a few people have done this on the elliptical and gotten a good, sweaty workout, so I might just have to try that. So as of now I don't know where that fits in. Hopefully I will learn to love LIC once I can get that dreaded 4th combo down. I've tried doing it three times and each time I get totally stuck there.

Have a great day!

Replies

• danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jill-Have fun watching the game! Ohh, a new guy!! Hope your date goes well
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Thanks Dana! I'm nervous but excited. We've been communicating via email and phone for awhile and this is our first meeting. I hope he is the same in person as he is on the phone and email. :)

Man, I'm beat up. I burned 3,912 calories since Monday and am down 3 pounds. I think the 3 pounds will stick, but I cannot do this very long. My knees and back are a bit sore. I'm pleased with how my feet have held up though-just some morning pain and then they are okay. I have two more tough days on Cathe's November rotation-step tomorrow and Athletic Training Tuesday-and then it calls for yoga. I just might have to take a rest day tomorrow and push the other 2 back a day.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    wow hope date goes well and im super happy for your 3 pounds you worked for it for sure. I am afraid to do my slide and glide, when i do the disk i have hard time getting it to slide and it hurts my knees on the side. So i can handle it off and on yet i can not do it for a long time.

as far as the new tapes you are right on the money i have no use for turbo barre i have hip fractures i did first 5 minutes of it and i hurt in hips i have stress fractures in groin and hips and if i stand on on side to long it kills me if i van modivy it by laying on something instead of standing i could do it lol. I love AT and afterburn and low impact step challenge and cardio super sets but i dotn use the yoga maybe one day i will. I just fill for now i am trying ot burn calories and lose weight and i hate wasting time on somethng that isnt going to burn much fat and calories.
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jill hope your date goes fabulous.

As for the series, my favorites are TurboBarre, Slide and Glide and Trisets.
    I disliked Yoga Relax. Poses were held way to long.
    I like all the other cardio ones.
    Haven't done yoga max. And I didn't buy the spin one.

Hope you ladies have a great Sunday!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It went great! We are definitely going to see each other again. I am really glad we took the time to get to know each other a little before meeting. It sure made it less awkward. I had a great time and he seemed to, too. With Thanksgiving and me going away for the weekend, it won't be for at least a week, but it will happen.

Funny how different our tastes can be. Jenn likes Turbor Barre and ER and I both don't. LOL Thank goodness there are so many workouts to choose from!

I'm going to watch the music awards and hopefully get to sleep early tonight. Like everyone else, I have a short week with the same amount of work to get done!