Helpl!

Options
Oh my, I had a bad saturday eating one slice of taco pizza and 2 slices of barbecue pizza from Piza Hut. I couldn't stop eating the cinnamon sticks with icing then going home I had red licorice (1/2bag) I was up all night with a stomach ache and had a bad dream that my liver was bad due to eating unhealthy. I sound like a drug person in rehab. Today is a new day and I promise to be good to myself.
I gain 3 lbs that I lost!! What is wrong with me that I let food control me. Thanks for letting me vent. Darlene

Replies

• sweatymary
    Options
    An attack of the munchies every now and again is no problem :-D in fact its good to mix things up now and then as it keeps you body guessing and less likelihood of a plateau :-D xx
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I completely understand- I am doing the 17 day diet right now and when I stick to it I'm fine but if I have even one small bite of something carb/sugar laden I can't stop. I actually feel like a madman! I think it's an addiction and the only way to stay good is stay away from that stuff - I can't just have one!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    lol - sometimes you just have to give in to the munchie monster. It's the only way to keep your sanity. :tongue:
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Your are all so right about the carb/sugar addiction! I am following a low carb diet and I totally get it....if I have too many carbs in the day, then I crave some more. It does become a challenge. I have found that sugar free jello cups and sugarless gum help fill the void........but sometimes I just can't resist. However, as one poster mentioned, it is good to have a high carb day mixed in, as it fools your body into dropping weight.

Since I quit smoking in March along with being 9 years post menopausal, it has been a challenge to find a diet that would allow me to drop weight. Finally, when I tried low carb, I started it moving and it is slow at about 1 lb per week but at least it is coming off and that's good.

I had the hot flashes and night sweats during transition and I still have the odd flash and sweat although the intensity is much less. I understand that this will happen forever..............thanks!!!! I try and take the requisite vitamins and I have also been taking vitrex (which is a hormone balancing supplement). Don't know if anything works but at least I feel good and active for my age.
  • metisgirl
    metisgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...You can do it....I know exactly what you are talking about....Addiction to food is a difficult battle....It is always around us, on tv its always there, we as humans cant live without it.....One bite and we R in a constant struggle....Once off the wagon its tuff to get back on, BUT you can do it......