Those Inner Thighs

Options
Flabby inner thighs need to be exercised. Flab is not fat. Flab is untoned muscles. Movements that target the inner thigh such as light-weight leg presses with feet far apart and turned as outward as possible, will tone this area. So will hip adductor movements, like lunges, burpees, squats, just to name a few.
But targeting the inner thigh will not get rid of any excess fat that's there. This is accomplished only when overall body fat is lost, through intense exercise that works large muscle groups.

Replies

• talk2tiff
    talk2tiff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanx for that. This is my problem area (that & the tum). I'm working hard to tone them up. I have lost as much weight as i want but am left with these flabby areas. It's weird how fat loss is not equal all over - my top half is skinny, i just need to get everything to match up, easier said than done!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    interesting! thanx!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Excellent.... Need to work on that area most!
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My PT instructor had me doing side lunges with hand weights yesterday (a big step to the side, bend and touch the sides of the foot you are lunging towards - then back to middle and over to the other side) and boy am I feeling the inner thigh muscles today!!

Hopefully this will help to solve the wobble!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to this group! Really interested in more lifting advice. I am on my last leg of weight loss (20lbs) and I'd love to browse this group! Hello Muscle, goodbye fat!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Plies and jumps are also great ones to try! I did a workout the other day that had my bum slightly sore for two days (I almost never get a sore butt from workouts so I was super excited to feel I really worked that area!)

Mine doesn't use weights but if anyone else wants to try it: http://www.fitnessbender.com/2011/11/lady-lump-workout-fitness-bender.html It hits the entire lower body. :)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    New Here but Allready Love it!!! I have loss 156lbs and still have some loose Skin but Its looking Better and Toning well But Would Love any Advice on anything else I might need to do to help tone and Lift and add some Good Sexy Muscle.. I have My Story posted with My Pics if anyone wants to take a look and give me some pointers.. Here is the Link..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/♥Carolinamomma3♥

~Rachel~
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Plies and jumps are also great ones to try! I did a workout the other day that had my bum slightly sore for two days (I almost never get a sore butt from workouts so I was super excited to feel I really worked that area!)

Mine doesn't use weights but if anyone else wants to try it: http://www.fitnessbender.com/2011/11/lady-lump-workout-fitness-bender.html It hits the entire lower body. :)
    Cool workout and blog. Thanks
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Focus on movements that don't involve machines - body weight and/or adding dumb bells and such to movements if applicable. Lunges, squats (not using the smith machine), dead lifts, plyometrics (large and small), mountain climbers, etc.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    snkeller24, why did you reply with "focus on movements that don't involve machines"? I am curious, because I DO use hip abductor machines, leg press, leg curls and hamstring curls - all on machines.
  • snkeller24
    Options
    I would use a cable machine before a regular machine. A machine allows you to go from point a to point b, using their suggested movement. Which isn't your natural movement. They also fail to use any accessory muscles; and we all know that you can't "spot train" specific areas. Again it's just my opinion/preferred method

Point addressed on NF:

"Our bodies are meant to move in a certain way. When you lift free weights, your body has a natural range of motion, using all your tiny stabilizer muscles to balance the weight as you lift it up and down. When you use a machine, your body doesn’t need to use those stabilizer muscles because the machine is doing all the stabilization. It’s these tiny muscles that keep you in balance and injury-free If you’ve been training exclusively on machines, when you have to actually do these movements in real life (give your kids a piggy-back ride, move your roommate’s couch, or rake leaves in the back yard, that natural movement has become “unnatural” to your body and you’re way more likely to get injured."