Thanksgiving motivation

Options
amys31
amys31 Posts: 108 Member
Hi everyone:smile:

With Thanksgiving coming up...and the start of the holiday season, what are your thoughts about eating, exercising etc. to stay healthy and keep the lbs. coming off?

Any game plans or goals?

Tips or suggestions to avoid weight gain?

:flowerforyou: With all of the food, one important thing to remember is being thankful for the many blessings in our lives. Lets be sure to let those around us know how thankful we are for them. Lets try to also remember to be thankful for our strong bodies and health! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
:heart: Amy

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am eating on the lighter side this week (Monday through Wednesday) and have no plans to log meals on T-giving. I will be mindful and not eat mounds of stuffing and multiple pieces of pie, but being that it is a big eating holiday, I have no problem not logging for one day. I have done this for other special events- weddings and the like- probably every few months some big social event comes up and I don't log for the day- and I don't think it has ever hurt my weight loss.

I'll get right back on track on Friday after T-giving. The hard part for me will be the month of December. I will be in Florida for one week in early December, then starts the usual parade of baked goods at my office, then it is Christmas....blah. I will really have to power through the month of December!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    My plan is too eat good all week, and on Thanksgiving I am only filling my dinner plate with veggies, and only having one slice of pie. No other sweets or cheats!! And I am going to try to eat lower wed. and friday (which will be easy since I am working!!)

I am also starting a challenge on the burn the fat feed the muscle website thats a 49 day group challenge, so 4 other people are counting on me to not go overboard. That helps me stay accountable..

I am doing a 5 mile turkey trot on thanksgiving as well so that will help burn some calories.

My goals this week are to try to eat clean and lower carbs and fat a little!!!
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @Dawn....great plans...I like it! I also follow FEed the muscle burn the fat....great motivator!:-)
    thanks for the input...looking forward to adopting some of your strategies!:-)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

I plan to lose 9 pounds by Christmas Day by working out 2 hours a day and eating healthy!

• Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving dinner. My plan is to load up on squash, peas and the other veggies and just do a little bit of turkey and gravy. Since I'm hosting I've got control of how the foods are prepped, also, which helps...

I don't like pie much, but I will be indulging in some red wine. That will be my treat.