Week 6

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey all

i start week 6 tomorrow and feeling great! after the 20 minutes last week i feel im ready!

xx

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 today! Seems appropriate for Thanksgiving. Still, 22 minutes and my knee has been killing - wish me luck! New running shoes for the occasion. Guess I'm breakin' 'em in!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 today! Seems appropriate for Thanksgiving. Still, 22 minutes and my knee has been killing - wish me luck! New running shoes for the occasion. Guess I'm breakin' 'em in!

i'm doing day 3 today too good luck! xxx
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    oh boysies..... W6D1 kicked my tukkus! :sad:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, don't wanna hear that Clarissa! I do W6D1 tonight and I was pretty happy with how well I did with the 20 minute run in W5D3.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    lol. I haven't run since my Thanksgiving 5k and I did the 30 Day Shred earlier in the day. That's probably why I had the issues. :laugh:
  • tageekly
    Options
    :bigsmile: Thank goodness. I try to do C25K before I let Jillian kick my rear!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I do my strength before running usually - and in some ways i like it because the leg work really loosens and warms up my muscles - as long as I'm not doing something really crazy.

I do take a break in between, at least 2 hours usually and dinner.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im supposed ot be doing Week 6 Day 3 tomorrow but I start P90x. I am going to be swapping out my plyo and kenpo days on P90 x for running until I finish C25K. Dont want to give up when I am so close to finishing. If I feel up to it, I might try and do both on "easier" days.
  • tageekly
    Options
    Wow! P90X and C25K! You go girl!

I made it through W6D1 today but for some reason really struggled. I was surprised since the 20 minute week 5 run went so well but it was after work so I might have been more tired. Whatever the reason, it's done and I'm gonna take a break for a couple days and get back to it mid-week.
  • tameko2
    Options
    being tired really affects me - also not having enough calories, check your diary and see if it looks different today (Did you eat lower carb or protein? Less cals overall? something weird like a lot of dairy?)

I've found I can fake it for a run with an 8 ounce sugar free redbull. Probably not the healthiest thing to do - obviously being well rested and eating properly is better -- but I prefer to do that and deal with my food/sleep that evening rather than just skip my run.
  • tageekly
    Options
    Good idea tameko2. I find on the weekends when I have my Kashi bar before I head to the gym I feel so much better. I think it's that dose of sugar and protein that I'm not getting at work before I head to gym at night. I need to get better about an afternoon snack...
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    :sad: I'm SOOOO mad at myself. I gave up on the 2nd 10 minute run today. *sigh* I ran short sprints for the last 10 mins. I'm just not even sure why I quit the run today, which is even the worst part. I just .... stopped.
  • tameko2
    Options
    That's ok Clarissa, everyone has an off day! I was really struggling yesterday, I wanted to quit so bad (made it but it was only the 8 minute run).

You can just repeat that day again - that puts you on more or less the same schedule as me and tageekly anyway!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did W6D1 on Monday and it was not bad at all! Gonna do Day 2 tonight. Actually looking forward to it! :tongue:
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i just finished my W6D1 training.... OMG, i didn't think i was gonna meet my first 10min run.... i live in san diego and we have hills.... it was hard but made it just fine.... looking forward for D2....
  • tageekly
    Options
    Survived W6D2 - but just barely. Depending on how the long run for Day 3 goes this weekend I might have to repeat this week. Hopefully it was just an off day and I'll find more energy tomorrow!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    I'm going to have to roll myself back a few weeks. Somehow, I can't get my breathing down right. Might be because of the colder weather. Hard to tell.
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I repeated w6d1 for two days before moving on to w6d2, which I'll probably repeat again at least once before moving on to w6d3. I'm kind of having to modify the c25k schedule and repeat weeks or single days longer before moving up -- gotta give those asthmatic lungs a chance to build up!!!

Kind of scared of w6d3 but I know I can do it.
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    did my W6D2 training on a treadmill and it is so much different compare to the route i regularly do my C25K training... my legs weren't use to it because of the incline. so changed the treadmill settings from 0.0 to 4.5 incline..... getting cold feet for my next training (15min run / 3min walk / 5min run)....
  • tageekly
    Options
    Took a few days to get back to it but I finished week 6 today. Next week is all of the same - three 25-minute runs! Sheesh, I hope I'm ready!