Question for the ladies about the "girls"

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
It seems like all the winners of figure competitions are well, much more endowed than I will ever hope to be without $5000 and a good doctor. I've seen pictures on Facebook of recent winners that have so obviously fake assets, it makes me self conscious of myself ever stepping on stage.

Honestly, is this something that's even taken into consideration? Because I don't ever want to go into surgery for something so vain. I'm just curious as to why so many other women do it, and why it matters? Because it seems like in these competitions, they are promoting natural bodybuilding and fat loss methods, but then there's that one area of a lot of their bodies which is definitely not natural.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    In Fitness, femininity is key.
    Adding padding as well as "cutlets" is normal, to give you cleavage. Unfortunately, so is plastic surgery. http://www.christinemarshdesigns.com/pages/suits_2piece.html has tons of pic. but most are of competitors w/ fake boobs. Some of the tops have nice overall padding, but you can def. tell the difference between fake boobs and padding.

In Fitness, overall body shape and proportions are key, so if you have a large glute backside, you're gonna have to stuff the front to keep some proportions. Cleavage in some way is def. looked for by the judges.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. :ohwell:

Funny how they look for that in fit ladies when it is common knowledge that breasts are filled with fat tissue which is shed off very easily as we get more and more fit.

It's sad to hear that they think femininity = big fake boobs, or big padded ones that conceal what we really look like. :noway:

So I will just get the body I want and be satisfied within myself that I look hot. I don't need to step on stage and be judged by people because my chest, all natural and physically fit like the rest of me, is somehow concidered "not fit" and "not feminine." I guess I just have a different idea of what beauty is. :grumble:

Thanks for answering my question. :flowerforyou:
  • busywaterbending
    Options
    I'm sorry that it's that way, but the industry is into making money. Sexy women sell products. That's really all they are after. The only flat chested women allowed are the body building categories. :(
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    No reason to apologize, it's not your fault. :flowerforyou: I wanted an honest answer anyway. Maybe one day someone can buy me some fake boobs, but...

I will finance a house...

I will finance a car...

I just can't see myself making payments on a set of boobs, lol. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

I just can't see myself making payments on a set of boobs, lol. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sadly, I know a few girls who do.

Solid investment in their future I'm sure. Well maybe for a gold digger :tongue:
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Solid investment in their future I'm sure. Well maybe for a gold digger :tongue:

I paid for mine in cash, but have no problems with those who need to make payments. Not all women with fake boobs are gold diggers. Many of us are jut normal everyday women who want to feel more comfortable in our own skin.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I don't have anything against women with implants at all. I just don't want to shell out the money for it and be in debt for a couple of years because of something like that. I have other things to spend money on. It's nice that you were able to pay cash for yours. If I had that much money, I probably would do it, too. I'm just secure in myself to know that I don't need them enough to have to finance them.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything against women with implants at all. I just don't want to shell out the money for it and be in debt for a couple of years because of something like that. I have other things to spend money on. It's nice that you were able to pay cash for yours. If I had that much money, I probably would do it, too. I'm just secure in myself to know that I don't need them enough to have to finance them.

It didn't seem like you did, I was refeering to the gentleman on the thread that called "us" gold diggers! I saved for a long time and it was something I really wanted. Clothes finally fit right and I couldn't be happier. But I still find it totally unfair, wrong and small minded that people out there assume all women with implants are gold diggers or vain and shallow! That's not always the case, even for those that have to do a payment plan.
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    It seems like all the winners of figure competitions are well, much more endowed than I will ever hope to be without $5000 and a good doctor. I've seen pictures on Facebook of recent winners that have so obviously fake assets, it makes me self conscious of myself ever stepping on stage.

Honestly, is this something that's even taken into consideration? Because I don't ever want to go into surgery for something so vain. I'm just curious as to why so many other women do it, and why it matters? Because it seems like in these competitions, they are promoting natural bodybuilding and fat loss methods, but then there's that one area of a lot of their bodies which is definitely not natural.

Any thoughts?

I think that if competing is something you are going to do for fun, then totally don't worry about the implants at all. If you are looking to take this to a higher level, then I can see the investment being worth it. I do not have implants, and do not plan on getting them--and still placed in my first competition. See what you can do when it comes to making the rest of your body the best it can be :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I am wondering if I will have to consider this too :( I'm too broke for that any time soon!
  • busywaterbending
    Options
    this is a good topic, and I noticed that (in another thread here on this group) I have a peeve that figure competitors are going out top heavy. The excess boobage and the underdeveloped backsides are NOT what this "sport" was about even 10 years ago when figure was created as an out for women who couldn't do or want to compete against the Fitness or the Bodybuilders.

Showdown-13.800w_600h.jpg

I can see how bikini is a great option for models and womanly sexy looks, but shouldn't figure be fitness without the choreographed routine? Am I missing something?

Figure used to be about an hourglass shape, but now it seems to go the way of the triangle (top heavy) shape that bikini is supposed to be all about. The girls are playing a bigger part in fitness now.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/12-25-11-women-body-builders-competition-photo-essay/ is a good read too.

What do you all see/observe/experience now in your areas? In the southern midwest it seems all competitors across all disciplines are to have boobs in order to place. In the East U.S. it appears that figure and body are less demanding, allowing for cutlets in the tops to make up for the missing womanly body fat. Are other areas of the world, US., regions changing?
  • cocoa_cutie513
    cocoa_cutie513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    this is a good topic, and I noticed that (in another thread here on this group) I have a peeve that figure competitors are going out top heavy. The excess boobage and the underdeveloped backsides are NOT what this "sport" was about even 10 years ago when figure was created as an out for women who couldn't do or want to compete against the Fitness or the Bodybuilders.
    I noticed the same thing. I gained an interest in figure/fitness around 10yrs ago. I'm a pack rat, so I still have a few of the early 00' issues. Anyway, alot of the models didn't have the huge implants, nor severely top heavy either.

On another note, I just seriously started working out again. I'm 160lbs and 38DDD. I'm thinking I'm gonna burn the fat down to about a C cup when it's all said and done.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I just doubled up on the "chicken cutlets" personally.... I'm not opposed to the competitors or anyone else who gets theirs done, though. If I could afford it, I probably would consider it, too.
  • charliebrooke08
    Options
    I plan on getting mine done at some point, but being flat isn't going to keep me off stage! It makes a bigger difference in bikini but I'm going to compete in Figure. Monica Specking is a great example of an IFBB Figure pro who doesn't have a big chest naturally and isn't augmented. Heather Nappi is also an IFBB Pro in the Bikini category and also has a small, unaugmented chest. Certainly augementation is a trend in this industry but it isn't a standard. You can still be successful and competitive without doing something so drastic. There is a sense of balance they favor in figure and I have big glutes lol so I will be padding the heck outta my swimsuit, it won't create any cleavage for me, but it will give me some balance esp for the side pose.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options

I paid for mine in cash, but have no problems with those who need to make payments. Not all women with fake boobs are gold diggers. Many of us are jut normal everyday women who want to feel more comfortable in our own skin.

Agree completely ^^^^. No one said you had to agree with fake boobs, I am planning on getting my BA in a matter of a few months, and for you to say stupid remarks like that is not right. its the same thing for everyone.. Some people embrace what they have, and others dont feel comfortable at all in their own skin.. I am not doing this for a body building competition, or to be a gold digger, or to impress my fiancee, this is strictly for myself. Everyones freaking out over something that you cant change. Everything changes, it doesnt mean you need to jump on the bandwagon and get it done, i just feel that by now people shouldnt care as much. If you dont feel ready to do a competition, dont do it. If you feel like youll be self consious, you are not ready to compete. You should be ecstatic and be full of confidence to show off your hot bod that you have worked SO damn hard on, and not give a **** if people around you have fake boobs or not. If judges judge you based on your fake boobs, who cares! You should be competing because YOU want to. Not trying to impress judges by doing whatever the hell they ask you to do or expect of you . You do what you gotta do, and if they are not impressed, too bad for them. You showed what your capable of.
  • busywaterbending
    Options
    keepitcoosh: you're coming on really strong in reply to Lyadeia's post. I understand your enthusiasm for your upcoming BA, but bashing others on this thread is not cool. Why so harsh? Lyadeia asked some good questions concerning these sports, not concerning your opinion of how others should or should not feel on stage....

:huh: Can you calm down a bit please? I think you missed the point of the OP.
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was happy to see in my last show that several girls that were pretty flat placed very high or won! So it's not all fake boobs! Check out the pictures on Facebook-- look up NPC Nevada State Bodybuilding Championships 2012. Make sure you go to the fan page and not the event page, and the pictures are there....
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    All I'm saying is, why should it matter. Sorry i didn't mean to come off as harsh, I'm a bit of a realist is all. Plus i guess the whole talking about it being so vain and the gold digger reference, it just kind of pissed me off as I found it to be disrespectful and insulting. In the end it should not matter who's got what, anyone who competes should just bring what they've got to the table, and be proud of it too.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

It didn't seem like you did, I was refeering to the gentleman on the thread that called "us" gold diggers! I saved for a long time and it was something I really wanted. Clothes finally fit right and I couldn't be happier. But I still find it totally unfair, wrong and small minded that people out there assume all women with implants are gold diggers or vain and shallow! That's not always the case, even for those that have to do a payment plan.

THIS!!! Thank you!
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nicole Nagrani won Olympia w/o them -- she just recently got them & Nicole Wilkins doesn't have them either --- both Olympia Champs...